GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HID fogs installed

jpun15

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 GTI 6MT
Haven't seen too many ppl with HID fogs yet. Did a lot of research beforehand and most aftermarket kits throw bulb warnings or flicker. Found me a nice set of cheap ones.
Quick pic taken from my iphone:

alanchicken

的士佬
Haven't seen too many ppl with HID fogs yet. Did a lot of research beforehand and most aftermarket kits throw bulb warnings or flicker. Found me a nice set of cheap ones.
Quick pic taken from my iphone:

super bright and nice!! this is what i'm looking for.

i would like to change it as well. i don't think it's just a pair of light bulbs, isn't it? if not, what exactly i should follow? where to buy? how much? how to install to make use of the stock switch in the car? will that fit the stock fog light grill, or i needa modify a bit? etc. etc. ............

appreciate in advance!!

jpun15

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 GTI 6MT
super bright and nice!! this is what i'm looking for.

i would like to change it as well. i don't think it's just a pair of light bulbs, isn't it? if not, what exactly i should follow? where to buy? how much? how to install to make use of the stock switch in the car? will that fit the stock fog light grill, or i needa modify a bit? etc. etc. ............

appreciate in advance!!

Just came back from a roadtrip, the HID fogs make a HUGE difference. Not necessarily in the city but definitely in rural not-so-well-lit places.

Wow, haha, where to start. No, its not just a pair of bulbs, that won't get you the brightness that HID's deliver, I know because I had a set of Hoen xenonmatch bulbs and frankly they are pathetic. I got an HID kit from vvme.com which includes the HID bulbs and ballast. You can order it in 9006 config to match our stock fog harness. This is a true plug-and-play kit for our MkV's.

I am using the stock switch, they are turned on the same as the usual fog lights. It fits the stock fog halogen housing, some ppl prefer to "upgrade" to projector housing, but personally I don't see the need. Really the only difficulty in installing this kit is finding a good place to mount the ballast; some long-ass zip ties should do the trick.

jpun15

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 GTI 6MT

krayzie

Go Kart Champion
The need to upgrade to projector housing is to not blind the people driving in front of you or coming at you with possible glare.

sadd3j

Vwoooooooooooooom
The need to upgrade to projector housing is to not blind the people driving in front of you or coming at you with possible glare.

Yea.. my first thought was.. if the new fogs made a big difference in visibility to the driver.. then the light is probably shooting quite straight (non-downward) and possibly be quite glaring.

Can't tell from here though :biggrin:

babydubz

bagged life.
Car(s)
09 GTI (SOLD)
nice looks really good. i put in an 4500K 55W kit from DDMTuning a few months back and they look sweet. i definitely notice a difference at night when they're on. i run them in OEM projector fogs and the cut off is pretty gorgeous.