GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HID FOG LIGHTS AND 12000 K bulbs

Sickspeed06

Ready to race!
no way... full HID kits on ebay are like 350 for good stuff... i wouldn't spend more than a couple bucks on new bulbs

blackgti06

"My Fast"
Car(s)
2006 MKV Gti
hey the 12000k HIDs are a very nice blue i have them on my mkv gti. They look awesome. I got them at gohid.com shawn go and get them if you want blue lights.

Sickspeed06

Ready to race!
now here's a monkey wrench for your proverbial spokes. judging by this post.

Ok i spoke to someone, our cars use Phillips ballosts, and only bulbs with phillips balosts will work PROPERLY, problem comes in price, were talking $800 for true genuine PIAA bulbs that will work properly!

will anything happen electronically to the car? i wouldn't want to blow $200 in LIGHT BULBS!

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
are they much brighter than the oe bulbs??

blackgti06

"My Fast"
Car(s)
2006 MKV Gti
The 12000k are not bright at all you can see good but not as good as the stock 4300k. I like the blue i also have blue city lights and fogs

GTI DSG

Ready to race!
any HID bulb above 5000K will NOT be fully utilized if it's still using the stock 35 watt ballast. Proper way to power 5-10K bulbs is to use 55 watt ballast, that is what Lexus and highend BMW uses.

The PIAA is expensive because those HIDs do come with ballast ($150-$200 each x2) + bulbs ($100-$150 x2) so with brand name like PIAA, they CAN sell for $800 and still have ralley and offroad business.

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie
any HID bulb above 5000K will NOT be fully utilized if it's still using the stock 35 watt ballast. Proper way to power 5-10K bulbs is to use 55 watt ballast, that is what Lexus and highend BMW uses.

The PIAA is expensive because those HIDs do come with ballast ($150-$200 each x2) + bulbs ($100-$150 x2) so with brand name like PIAA, they CAN sell for $800 and still have ralley and offroad business.

Will you need any Vagcom work to get the 55 wat ballast to work or is it plug and play also??