GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hep: Cam follower change or not?

wronghand

Passed Driver's Ed
First inspection at 32K. The old one looks very smooth. No sign of abnormal wear.
Change it or wait a little longer?
My car is open waiting in the garage. Let me now what you think.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• P9091198.JPG
    P9091198.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 341
  • P9091193.JPG
    P9091193.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 317
  • P9091195.JPG
    P9091195.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 326

MkvMatt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 Gti
If you already pulled it out just change it. Better piece of mind, and there is nothing wrong with a little overkill when it comes to preventative maintenance.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
If you have a new one, change it. Like everyone said, better safe than sorry.

MYGTI07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI
it's really easy to change, I would run the old one for a while more. Mine looks like that at 46k and I'm going to change it at 50k.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
it's really easy to change, I would run the old one for a while more. Mine looks like that at 46k and I'm going to change it at 50k.

They are so cheap and simple to replace. While I agree with you that one looks fine, mine had all the DLC rubbed off where the lobe meets it. I felt confident it would be okay for a few k more miles.. but for 50$ and 10 mins I'd rather not fuck my HFPP and cam all to hell merely to skimp on a few bucks.

WickedLou9

I'm a geek
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Since you already have the new follower and you already have the old one out, I don't see a point in putting the old one back in again. The old one looks fantastic for having 32k on it. Mine never look that good.

Qwoz

Roflcopter pilot
Car(s)
08 GTI
What stage are you with that wear? Any tune? I'm at about 30k with stage 1 and 2 for about 15k miles and not sure if i should check it yet since i don't have alot of free time here at school.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
You have an 08 which means you shouldn't have to deal with the bastard banjo bolt that 07's and under have. It'll take you about 15 mins to depressurize your fuel system (pop your gas cap open, let sit) and pull the couple bolts out to check. It's worth the little time. I'm probably going to check mine even though I changed it barely 3k miles ago just to see my wear patterns on S2+.