GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELPPPP

nosbiggie

Ready to race!
For those of you who didnt read it on the tex....

on cold start...when backing out of my drive way my brake squeek really bad...as if i need new breaks but after like 5 seconds or whatever the squeeking sounds never to be heard again...until the next morning...any ideas what it might be? i am going to take it to the dealer but wanted to see what u guys think...yes im picky its a new car shouldnt be makeing this noise.....

Also, i want to follow the om and change my oil when they tell me too, but i only have 950miles and my oil is low...should i put a lil of my own mobile 1 synthetic? or is there a special oil vw uses i can buy or what?

thanks...

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
condisation on the pads/rotors and make them kinda rusty until you brake once or twice? kinda like after you wash your car for the first couple seconds they squeak?
my .02 i may be completely wrong though....

Snowborderz

I Drive DoggyStyle
condisation on the pads/rotors and make them kinda rusty until you brake once or twice? kinda like after you wash your car for the first couple seconds they squeak?
my .02 i may be completely wrong though....

i think you are right, especially around this time of year....usually if you look at rotors that have been sittin a few days, around moisture, there will be slight rust on the rotors, but wipes away once you start drivin....but i could be wrong as well

nosbiggie

Ready to race!
what about the second half of the question? Also, i want to follow the om and change my oil when they tell me too, but i only have 950miles and my oil is low...should i put a lil of my own mobile 1 synthetic? or is there a special oil vw uses i can buy or what?

Snowborderz

I Drive DoggyStyle
its low after 950 miles? thats odd......how low is it?

nosbiggie

Ready to race!
its on the min mark

TopGearNJ

Ready to race!
i believe you should add a little mobil1 only if u are 100% sure its low. Actually take it to the dealer u bought it from and ask them why the oil is low after only 950 miles. thats a better idea.

Snowborderz

I Drive DoggyStyle
i believe you should add a little mobil1 only if u are 100% sure its low. Actually take it to the dealer u bought it from and ask them why the oil is low after only 950 miles. thats a better idea.

yea i was gonna reccomend that, and they will put some oil in it for ya, and probably even look over it to make sure nothing is seriously wrong

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
doesn't vw recommend that you use a vw certified oil??

barch88

Passed Driver's Ed
Make sure you let the car warm up for a minute or so, kill the engine, then check the oil...it should be on the full mark. As for the brakes, it may be just the weather like everyone else said, or even dust, if you live in dusty conditions.

grdriver

Greek Driver
Car(s)
GOLF GTI MKV
I get the brake squeel in the morning also , not always but sometimes, and it goes away its as if there is some kind of squeeking film and as soon as i press on the brake its there but then by the time i reach the corner of my driveway its gone