GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with MK5 to MK6 Steering Wheel Swap

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Hi peeps :smile:

I'm having trouble with my MK5 to MK6 SW swap.

PROBLEMS :

1st None of the MFSW buttons are lit up and do not work at all.

2nd I Don't think or know for sure if the SW sensor works with the new MK6 control module

3rd I also swapped out my SW control module, the MK5 SW CM is a BK version and the new MK6 CM is a CH

4th My Cruise Control does not work but I have not done anything to the switch yet

5th The DSG peddles do not work either when trying to change gears nor does the back lighting.

6th My Horn does not work

Qusestion and concerns :

I have done allot of reading up and have done plenty of cosmetic mods and electrical mods too, but for some odd reasons this one has my sumped???

I bought a new MK6 Steering Wheel, Airbag, Control Module "CH" version, MFSW Buttons, and DSG Paddles.

I would love if any body with experience in the Feild and has done a SW swap before to help me out and narrow it down to what I may need to replace or upgrade to get this shit done. :thumbsup:

I can take pix of part numbers if needed as well and post them too, I also have a VagCom cable but have not ran a Full scan yet cuz I have to hook it up to my Desktop. :mad0259: I have a MacBookpro but I don't have XP installed on it at the moment........I still need to get a copy of XP first......:biggrin:

Any help at all would be great, even willing to meet up with anybody to get this sorted out ASAP.

:help:

I put a MkVI leather wheel into my MkVI Golf to replace the plastic one and that was a pain in the ass just getting the horn to work.

Looks like you pretty much have NOTHING working here. I think that you'll have difficulty getting all of these things to work. And the thing is, I like the MkV R32 wheel as much as the MkVI one. Seems like a lot of work for a small change. Just my opinion. Anyway, I hope someone can point you in the right direction.

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
I put a MkVI leather wheel into my MkVI Golf to replace the plastic one and that was a pain in the ass just getting the horn to work.

Looks like you pretty much have NOTHING working here. I think that you'll have difficulty getting all of these things to work. And the thing is, I like the MkV R32 wheel as much as the MkVI one. Seems like a lot of work for a small change. Just my opinion. Anyway, I hope someone can point you in the right direction.

Well I don't think it's a waste of time, IMO, cuz the feel of the leather as well as the overall look of the MK6 is beyond better than the MK5 SW. I'll post pix later to compaired once I get everything setup and working. :thumbsup:

Question, what was the problem with ur Horn not working?

How did u fix it?

Well I don't think it's a waste of time, IMO, cuz the feel of the leather as well as the overall look of the MK6 is beyond better than the MK5 SW. I'll post pix later to compaired once I get everything setup and working. :thumbsup:

Question, what was the problem with ur Horn not working?

How did u fix it?

I didn't say it was a waste of time, just a lot of effort for a small gain. But hey, I get that, since people have asked me why I wasted so much on *JUST* a VW.

And I didn't fix the horn. Still need to figure out why. :frown:

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
I didn't say it was a waste of time, just a lot of effort for a small gain. But hey, I get that, since people have asked me why I wasted so much on *JUST* a VW.

And I didn't fix the horn. Still need to figure out why. :frown:

I believe that ur problem should lie between Vagcom Recoding or and New CH controls module under the SW.

Here i am trying trying to fix ur problems and I have not fixed mine yet.....:thumbsup:

I have been researching all night and what I'm thinking is my problem is that I NEED to recode my SW with Vagcom and that should activate and fix all my problems.

BUT after all the reading and researching I have not seen any coding posted in any of these threads??? All I here is that u have to recode the car for it to all communicate together BUT no coding is posted!!!

So now I'm on the hunt for new Vagcom coding and see if that works???

I feel 99% sure that I have all the right parts, but not the right updated Vagcom coding to make all the SW parts work together..........:frown:

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Post your question in the Vag Com forum on the 'tex; Ross Tech monitor that one pretty well and can help you out with it.

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Thanks Saab I'll post them up over there soon

I wanted to say that I have fixed one of my problems, I have to change some of the coding in Vagcom - Controle module - 16 Steering Wheel block and change my coding to 0011834

This activated my SW lights, DSG paddles, and MFSW Buttons but I still have No CControl Horn and No SWAngle Sensor......WFT

I tried to run a basic settings in the 44 Steering Assist and I can't get the Vagcom to pick up the SW Angle Sensor???

I also heard that if I Remove Pin 5 wire and slice it to Pin 10 wire in the CControl stalk that it will fix my CC????

Any info be great..........

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Thanks Saab,

I got the horn to work and the buttons as well as the DSG paddles but I still need to figure out how to fix my SW Angle sensor.

Either I need to buy a New Clock Spring with a built in Angle sensor or get a new SW control module like a "CH" ???

I heard that my CD control module has a built in Angle sensor but I can't figure out how to Activate it with my Vagcom???

Any help .......

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Ok........I want to saynTHANKS to Saab for posting all he Links for me to read and research to figure out how and what is wrong with my car.

I read this link and found another posted by Dan and RossTech and he gave a list of parts that are use for the kind of SW Swapp and Mods.

Here is the link http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...for-coding.&highlight=MKVI+Steering+wheel+MKV Once u go here scoll down to the last post by Dan at RossTech and then read the listof parts that are need for the swap.

I noticed that my CD control module has no SW Angle sensor cuz it's on the Steering Rack on this type of car with this kind of control module. Grrrrrrrrrrrr............

I should have bought a CH control module since this one has a SW Angle sensor on the control module. Shit balls, I know I should have bought the other CH Controle module but oh we'll, now I'm looking to buy a new CH control module.

I hope this will fix all my issues with the SW Angle Fault?????

If anybody has a CH control module for sell let me know ASAP and consider it SOLD, also if anybody needs and CD or AQ control module let me know cuz they are for sell!!!

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
I'm still looking for a SW Control Module, if any body has one or knows where one is for sell please post it for me thanks!!!!!!!!

This is the part number : 1K0-953-549-CH

BTW.......I have 2 SW Control Modules for sell if any body needs a extra CM, one came on my R32 and the other is off a 2012 Jetta and will NOT work on my mod cuz it's the wrong version.

The 2 CM I'm selling are ; 1K0-953-549-AQ 1K0-953-549-CD

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Hey Zev,

Thanks for the link man, not bad for a SW CM........

I had a fellow VDubber Send me a PM the other day with a link to Bold Sport and they have the same CH module for 129 shipped plus I'm buying a few more goodies while I'm shopping....lol

I have 2 freaking CM that don't work on my car so if anybody need one I'll sell them SUPER CHEAP!!!!!

Thanks aging Zev, u the man

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Once I get this new CM then all my problems will be fixed and hopefully trouble free.

Hey Zev, have u fixed ur Horn problem or SW mod problems