GOLFMKV

HELP With brakes !

markcaughey

Ready to race!

Last edited:

poonpower

Ready to race!
you JUST changed the pads?
Were the rotors really bad to begin with? Cus if you are doing routine brake replacements you should change rotors and pads at the same time

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
you JUST changed the pads?
Were the rotors really bad to begin with? Cus if you are doing routine brake replacements you should change rotors and pads at the same time

+1 and you might as well upgrade them to begin with

arj116

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI DSG
Make sure u clean the csrriers properly. Any rust build up will interfere with the movemebt of the pads.
+juan with what fresh pots said

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

markcaughey

Ready to race!
Make sure u clean the csrriers properly. Any rust build up will interfere with the movemebt of the pads.
+juan with what fresh pots said

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Clean the what ?

Also both sides have the same problem

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Clean the what ?

Also both sides have the same problem

The carriers, the metal posts the caliper slides on

You probably should have replace your rotors while you were doing your pads too...

Clipse

4 Doors Fit More Whores!
Car(s)
09 VW GLI
The carriers, the metal posts the caliper slides on

You probably should have replace your rotors while you were doing your pads too...

Close, carrier implying caliper bracket, what you have circled are the caliper pins/bolts. This is common if you did a "pad slap" and did not bother to have your discs resurfaced at the minimum, but you'd be much better off replacing them on this car. Believe me...:mad: lol

poonpower

Ready to race!
Close, carrier implying caliper bracket, what you have circled are the caliper pins/bolts. This is common if you did a "pad slap" and did not bother to have your discs resurfaced at the minimum, but you'd be much better off replacing them on this car. Believe me...:mad: lol

yea the rear rotor thickness is thin as fuck. might as well replace with rotors, they are like $40 each.

When I did the brakes I went as far as polishing the guides and the pins on the brush wheel, haha. They were smooth as hell

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
those rotors look shot

markcaughey

Ready to race!
Could this problem cause abs and esp light to come on ?