GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

help! Stuck in Vegas with a fuel delivery issue after WUSTE, need shop recommendation

I came down for wuste and have been fighting a fuel delivery issue since the drive down from hoover dam.

Codes are for fuel pressure below threshold and fuel pressure out of range on the low pressure side. P310B and P0087.

I checked my cam follower and lobe and both are fine. Replaced low-side pressure sensor and it was OK for 80 miles or so, then half way up the mountain cruise it started running out of fuel again.

I replaced the fuel filter in the parking lot of an auto zone and it still hesitated a few times on the way to my friends place.

I've been logging block 106 and it shows electric fuel pump duty cycle over 70% regularly, sometimes staying at 91.8 for miles. Ross-tech wiki implies that by process of elimination I probably have a faulty control unit or pump.

I need to drive back to Utah so I am looking for a good shop to help me out in the morning.

Thanks for any advice.

Have you posted on Vortex, most of the Vegas peeps post there.

Dude named Davespeed will probably be your best bet

Ya, 1fastgti (or something) is helping me out

Sent by pneumatic tubes

Nah, it was the fuel pump itself going out.

Got a new-to-me fuel pump from a nice fellow building up a GLI and was on my way.