GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP Please- Steering Angle Sensor & Clockspring

S0flyGTI

S0flyGTI
Car(s)
GTI MKV
So I was turning a corner.. Roughly 40ish.. Banged a bad pothole while turning left, driver side took impact... At the bare minimum I knew I needed an alignment.. The place I deal with had me a few weeks out, okay no problem. This past saturday.. Snow still melting.. So a slight puddle going into a storm grate, at 55 car started to lose control due to already loose steering, so as i went over the grate front end barrled ass into the curb (sideways while turning) back wheel fishtailed and followed. NOW esp shows off even though it is on... ABS tries to randomly stop me while in a straight line... When turning all the way right.. Bad metal on metal grinding noise. Took it to the place I deal with it, told me before it can even go for alignment I need to replace the wheel angle sensor and Clockspring, does anyone know what additional damage that may be? Didnt pop any tires nor hop the curb, rims are just jacked... Which I know is the least of the worries. Also if anyone can assist me with putting those two things in I will pay for the help!

GTIAPRK04

Cam Follower Replacer
So your problems are:
-Fubar'd front suspension/steering (i.e., something or a combo of things are screwed up)
-ESP light on
-ABS "tries to randomly stop" you?
-Need a new wheel angle sensor and clockspring in the dash

I'd say you should have the car on a lift to check suspension components. Could be damaged ball joints, control arms, tie rods, strut/strut bearing, CV joints/axle, wheel bearings, or even steering rack from the abuse it seems it's faced. I would lean towards control arms, ball joints, tie rods, or wheel bearings, though. ESP works in tandem with the ABS. You probably bent or damaged the ABS speed ring on the hub. Why do you think you need a new steering wheel angle sensor and clockspring? Are there other symptoms indicating this?

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Sounds like you might be dog tracking. If I read right the ass end hit a curb while turning. I would try just to get it on a rack or even do a string alignment to see how bad things are.
When full right it sounds like you're hitting the inside of the rim on a control arm. Just speculation

There is no need to replace the clock spring unless it's actually failed. As previously noted get a proper inspection done, sounds like you may need to call your insurance as well.