GOLFMKV

Help. new sound with video

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z

HeartMyVeedub

Ready to race!
Holy shit lol. I hope you get this sorted out. I won't even take a guess as I have not a clue would it could be.

Good luck OP

most likely not turbo since it depends on engine speed when parked.

def not pcv cuz it wouldnt make that noise and oil isnt spewing everywhere.

My guess would be timing belt but I'm pretty sure im wrong since the timing belt is ribbed. did you get that done at 80k?

maybe clutch?

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
Clutch trans and flywheel replaced at 64k. All fluids check ok. Oil change 500miles ago. Timing at 109. Pcv done with tsb at 52k. Ac is shot since 51k with compressor still installed but shouldn't be related. Trying to give as much info as possible.. and cam follower done 10k ago

06mk5gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 VW GTI
sounds like one of your belt driven accessories has a bad bearing or is not turning and dragging the belt. any battery light or p/s problems? a/c compressor clutch bad???

roruss08gti

Have you been RickRolled?
Car(s)
08 GTI
Don't go too deep into this. Check your serpentine belt tensioner. I just had to replace mine and it sounded very similar to your sound. Listen to mine below.

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
No battery light yet. Since holiday weekend can't be checked yet. Hmmm. Could be serpentine. A tech for local shop said pcv when he saw the vid. Just want a 2nd opinion

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
sounds like one of your belt driven accessories has a bad bearing or is not turning and dragging the belt. any battery light or p/s problems? a/c compressor clutch bad???

I'm betting it's one of those related to the serpentine belt.

navyslideby

Big Turbo Vroom
squealing is definitely a pulley tensioner, or a bearing for one of your belts.... but the rushing air noise is interesting, that one i dont know

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
The squeeling and air rush sounds started at same time. i kinda want to rule out the tensioner because it squeels after the engine is shut down when everything stops moving. Only makes sounds once engine is fully warmed up