GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help me choose my catback

tmenzz

Passed Driver's Ed
I gave the eBay catback a whirl and I hate it. Terrible fitment and sound. Drone. It's gross.

I have a catted CTS turbo Downpipe. Based off what I'm hearing on YouTube the neuspeed catback is the meanest sounding one I've heard. The magnaflow is boomy and annoying. I want a high pitched, raspy scream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Akrapovic

tmenzz

Passed Driver's Ed
I am a fan of the sound, but the price of it seems crazy.

I miss the mustang community where $600 got you the meanest axle back around.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
$600 will get you an AWE catback, which has been described on this forum as a "full symphony" of GTI noises. In the vendor threads on here, you can find Eurosport for $430, Eurojet and CTS for around $630. In the private classified section, you can find used Magnaflows for around $400. There are deals to be had, man ;)

tmenzz

Passed Driver's Ed
I'll look into awe, cts and magnaflow are unimpressive to me. I hated installing my CTS dp. The fitment was awful and I hated to take a torch to it.

tmenzz

Passed Driver's Ed
Any opinions on borla? I know when it came to 5.0 stangs the borlas were top notch.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
I'll look into awe, cts and magnaflow are unimpressive to me. I hated installing my CTS dp. The fitment was awful and I hated to take a torch to it.

Any opinions on borla? I know when it came to 5.0 stangs the borlas were top notch.

Oh, wow. You had issues with the CTS, too? I had the same problem, along with many others on here, but not bad enough to need a torch. I didn't know you were modded at all haha my bad, man.

Borla is very good build quality, as to be expected from Borla, but it is also very loud. Borla, Vanguard, and GHL are sort of in a class of their own as far as noise goes, as least from what I've read. If you're looking for a high-pitched, raspy scream, check out those three on YouTube. Vanguard specifically haha I'll find a video in a minute or two

These are all Vanguard from this thread: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78481

Last edited:

tmenzz

Passed Driver's Ed
Awesome thank you! Yeah I love high pitched sounds. I had a 3rd gen rx7 for 3 years and absolutely loved the sound.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion

tmenzz

Passed Driver's Ed
Whoa really! Is that price still good? Heard anything about this catbacks fitment?

tmenzz

Passed Driver's Ed
Everything I'm reading seems good. Anyone know how much of a difference the tone would be since I have a high flow cat? Can't be too much different imo.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Whoa really! Is that price still good? Heard anything about this catbacks fitment?

Everything I'm reading seems good. Anyone know how much of a difference the tone would be since I have a high flow cat? Can't be too much different imo.

The sale is open-ended, so, the price should still be good :thumbup: If you just have a 200-cell, high-flow cat, the sound won't be much different. Probably not even noticeable

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2011 VW GTI