GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

(Help) How to pull inside trim + more

Duecin

Passed Driver's Ed
I plan on wrapping my inside trim and the plastic around my head unit, my tray cover, and around my DSG shifter. I want to pull it all so I can do it right and make it look good. Does anyone know how to pull it all? Plus will I really need those trim pullers they sell on eBay etc?

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Video below will show you how to remove the trim around the radio. Yeah, get the trim removal tools, they're cheap and keep you from scuffing up your plastics. They're great for other types of prying jobs that involve plastics as well. I recently used em to replace the light bulb in my fridge.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea8nos5SbLw
There's another helpful vid. Just take your time and pry gently but firmly. I second the 'buy the plastic trim tools' suggestion. Makes it WAY easier and you don't have to worry about marring all the edges of things. You say you want to 'do it right' so that means you need the right tools. I bought a set of 6 of them for like 5 bucks.....and I use them all the time now for various jobs.

You're probably gonna break a clip or two along the way. The dash pieces were mostly made to clip together at the factory and then never (or rarely) come apart again. Avoid doing work on a cold day when plastic is brittle and you will be fine. Even with a broke clip here and there, everything will go back together fine and you won't be able to tell any different when you're done.

Duecin

Passed Driver's Ed
Alright guys thank you for the help! Do you know how to do the silver trim on the inside as well? I tried to find videos but can't find any.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Yeah, don't worry too much about breaking the clips. They're really flimsy and it's nothing a little hot glue won't fix. This will likely happen to the bezel around the radio and the HVAC controls.