GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help!! having some major issues

limdoo12

so i was on my way home coming down the highway (5 hour drive) when i hit a small bump, i heard something fall off my car but i didn't pay much attention to it until i came to a stop. when i pressed in the clutch it felt a bit grindy, not the smooth feel it normally had, when i let it out to switch from 1st to 2nd it really jolted the car, not something i've ever experienced before. also when i let off the gas and went back on the gas it would also jolt. there was also vibration i could feel through my foot pedals. but i needed to get home as i was driving on the highway through bc back to alberta. after i was about 15 minutes outside of my home town something really weird happened after i came to a stop. An exhaust gasket started leaking, and about 5 minutes later my power steering light came on and i had no power steering!
does anyone have any insight as to what this could be caused from? i'm hoping i don't have a serious problem with the engine or transmission. do you think this could be from an engine mount going on me? or the dogbone mount? i just dont understand how the clutch steamed all of these issues. especially the power steering.

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
if a mount went, your engine could be leaning up against something, giving you that pedal feel. I know an intake resting against the brake fluid res feels funny in the brake pedal. Based on symptoms, I'd say dogbone maybe. Mine was sheared off by a manhole cover when they were paving my street. It went all the way and the engine torque took out one of my a/c lines when the serp belt rubbed it.

Definitely don't drive it, until you find the issue.

limdoo12

if a mount went, your engine could be leaning up against something, giving you that pedal feel. I know an intake resting against the brake fluid res feels funny in the brake pedal. Based on symptoms, I'd say dogbone maybe. Mine was sheared off by a manhole cover when they were paving my street. It went all the way and the engine torque took out one of my a/c lines when the serp belt rubbed it.

Definitely don't drive it, until you find the issue.

Thanks for the reply I'm going to check the dog bone once I get a chance to go back home I just don't understand how all of these problems could've stemed from that

firas1981

Ready to race!
Thanks for the reply I'm going to check the dog bone once I get a chance to go back home I just don't understand how all of these problems could've stemed from that

its your mounts. check all your mounts ( engine transmission and mostly dogbone issue )

your problem is there and re check your subframe after issue solved for re tightening and adjusting.