GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hella Xenon-Look headlights

Jaynuz

Hey.

I'm considering to upgrade my Golf with these ones pretty soon, but there are a few uncertainties I need to clarify first.

1. Does anyone know if the parking lights placement is the same as on the OEM Xenon headlights? (In the bottom, outer corner of the headlight, not in the high-beam reflector like the OEM halogen).

Like this:

2. Will HIDs look good in these projector lenses?

This link referrs to the headlights I'm talking about.
http://cgi.ebay.de/ORIGINAL-HELLA-G...|66:2|39:1|72:1121|293:1|294:50#ht_1083wt_939

Last edited:

joy

Hey, i ordered mine and they should be delivered this week coming.
I'll let you know if the citylight is in the bottom corner.

My plan was to put an aftermarket kit in them too, turns out to be much cheaper then buying the oem xenon headlights plus no vag-com and adapter cable. :thumbsup:

rhawbsays

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' GTI DSG
Is the light deceiving or really that bright? I did the upgrade like that with HID lights and was not really impressed. Looks good in pictures though.

Melvin

Dutchman
Car(s)
Golf V
TS,
I have the same lights. City light is indeed at the bottom just like OEM. Xenon lights look very good, the same as OEM. The only difference is this lamp uses H7 and not D2S, so order a H7 xenon kit.

Hope I helped you with this.
Kind regards

Jaynuz

rhawbsays, the picture is probably a bit deceiving. But some LED-bulbs are really bright.

Cheers, Melvin. That helped a lot!
I've ordered the headlights, and they should probably arrive sometime next week.

joy

Mine still didn't arrived :s
The shop were i ordered them told me it's gonna take another 2 weeks to get them cause it is in back order with their supplier