GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heated seats issue need schematics please

ballsdeep

Ready to race!
I was reading up on this issue a lot and I can't seem to find a resolution.

Problem is heated seats, reverse light, tracton control button and high pressure sensor g65 all are effected.

I unplugged the sensor and the heated seats under the drivers seat and it still manages to blow a fuse (fuse #4 drivers side)
when turning the ignition over..

So if anyone has the schematics for this circuit would be greatly appreciated so I can solve this issue... It's an 08 GTI thanks in advance.

ballsdeep

Ready to race!
Ok here's the follow up problem fixed, I'll post what I did in hopes it may help someone else.

The heated seats weren't working, airbag light was on and I noticed my reverse lights weren't working..

The fault codes I had.

80019 - high pressure sensor (g65)
009 - open short in circuit

02092 - enabling heated seat
009 - open short to ground

02511 - control module for seat occupied recognition (j706)
012 - electrial fault in circuit - intermittent - mil on
008 - implausible signal - intermittent - mil on

Here is what was all affected, page 10, fuse number 4 (5 amp)
http://home.comcast.net/~jeri534/fuses.pdf

After I unhooked the (g65) high pressure sensor and the heated seats the circuit still tripped.. After a shit ton of fuses I narrowed it down to the heated windshield nozzle heaters.. Since that circuit is loaded up it it took my a while to find.

Right near the hood hinge the wires were basically ripped apart. I couldn't see it until I pulled most of the tape off, right where the wires were sitting in the plastic holder attached to the hinge.

So I just cut the wires, matched them up according to the colors and crimped on some butt connectors. Tapped it up and put it all back together.. Went to the store and bought more fuses.. SMH.. But it's all good, it's fixed..

Since the passenger airbag seat sensor was on that circuit too I had to fix that..

Here's how that's done with a vag-com

Seat Occupied Recognition Control Module (J706)
If the Seat Occupied Recognition Control Module (J706) or the seat itself have been replaced, the basic setting has to be performed.
[Select]
[15 - Airbags]
[Security Access - 16]
Enter 20324, to enable the basic setting.
[Do it!]
[Basic Settings - 04]
Group 001
[Go!]
Activate the Basic Setting.
[ON/OFF/Next]
The reset has been performed.
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]

So I hope this helps someone out!! Best of luck

TallMan

Car(s)
2 Door GTI
Thank You!

Took my car into the local VW dealer last year for an air bag light. Had the same fault code that you mentioned. It was diagnosed as needing a passenger seat occupancy sensor. Out of warranty of course. Tom at LaFontaine VW in Dearborn, Michigan was able to convince VW to pay 75% of the cost, leaving me with a $500 and change bill. I held of due to reading about faulty connectors under the seats. I never got around to removing the seat to check.

Turned on the A/C last week and heard a loud boom. Took it into LaFontaine VW and they determined that the compressor had failed. Tom and John reached out to VW for some goodwill help as the extended warranty had expired in December. No help from VW despite my contacting Customer Care as well. LaFontaine agrees to do the a/c work for $1950. I agree. All parts changed, a/c works for a short time then quits. Fuse for a/c high pressure switch is blown. Switch is replaced. Same thing. Then the technician notices that my car has codes for the heated seats, passenger air bag, etc. They determine I have a dead short to ground somewhere.

VW schematics don't show a correlation between the problem. I found this posting and emailed it to Tom at LaFontaine. His technician checks out the harness near the hood hinge. BINGO! Bad wiring. They repair the wiring and everything is working fine. They did not charge me for the electrical short.

We both agree to contact VW this week to see if there is some financial support that they can offer. I am hoping that they want to retain me as a long term VW customer / car owner as I am looking to get a new one. I just don't like selling cars with defects. It is bad business.

Thank you for your posting!
It is greatly appreciated.

TallMan

Tanesi

I have to Thanl you guys for posting this thread. I had the same issue with the heated seats and pax seat occupancy circuit fault. I took it to the dealer and they could not find the problem (3 hrs of diagnosis time $344.20). They said I need the seat occupancy system replaced at a tune of $2300.00. Long story short I cut my losses and paid the $344.20 diagnostics time and left. I started to look for a used seat when i came across this thread, so i went to check for curiosity sake and sure as shit I peeled back the tape to find all 4 wires (2 black and white and 2 brown) completely severed. I soldered them back to together and secured them back in place, changed the blown 5 amp fuse slot 46. I then went into VAG and checked codes set the the seat occupancy back to basic setting and everything works perfectly!!!!!

Last edited:

Tanesi

I have to Thanl you guys for posting this thread. I had the same issue with the heated seats and pax seat occupancy circuit fault. I took it to the dealer and they could not find the problem (3 hrs of diagnosis time $344.20). They said I need the seat occupancy system replaced at a tune of $2300.00. Long story short I cut my losses and paid the $344.20 diagnostics time and left. I started to look for a used seat when i came across this thread, so i went to check for curiosity sake and sure as shit I peeled back the tape to find all 4 wires (2 black and white and 2 brown) completely severed. I soldered them back to together and secured them back in place, changed the blown 5 amp fuse slot 46. I then went into VAG and checked codes set the the seat occupancy back to basic setting and everything works perfectly!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turbogt91

Car(s)
2009 GTI
Ok here's the follow up problem fixed, I'll post what I did in hopes it may help someone else.

The heated seats weren't working, airbag light was on and I noticed my reverse lights weren't working..

The fault codes I had.

80019 - high pressure sensor (g65)
009 - open short in circuit

02092 - enabling heated seat
009 - open short to ground

02511 - control module for seat occupied recognition (j706)
012 - electrial fault in circuit - intermittent - mil on
008 - implausible signal - intermittent - mil on

Here is what was all affected, page 10, fuse number 4 (5 amp)
http://home.comcast.net/~jeri534/fuses.pdf

After I unhooked the (g65) high pressure sensor and the heated seats the circuit still tripped.. After a shit ton of fuses I narrowed it down to the heated windshield nozzle heaters.. Since that circuit is loaded up it it took my a while to find.

Right near the hood hinge the wires were basically ripped apart. I couldn't see it until I pulled most of the tape off, right where the wires were sitting in the plastic holder attached to the hinge.

So I just cut the wires, matched them up according to the colors and crimped on some butt connectors. Tapped it up and put it all back together.. Went to the store and bought more fuses.. SMH.. But it's all good, it's fixed..

Since the passenger airbag seat sensor was on that circuit too I had to fix that..

Here's how that's done with a vag-com

Seat Occupied Recognition Control Module (J706)
If the Seat Occupied Recognition Control Module (J706) or the seat itself have been replaced, the basic setting has to be performed.
[Select]
[15 - Airbags]
[Security Access - 16]
Enter 20324, to enable the basic setting.
[Do it!]
[Basic Settings - 04]
Group 001
[Go!]
Activate the Basic Setting.
[ON/OFF/Next]
The reset has been performed.
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]

So I hope this helps someone out!! Best of luck
Thank you for posting. I know is an old thread but helpful. This was driving me crazy couldn’t figure out why my a/c stop working, airbag light on and esp button not working and never thought it was all connected. After reading this post I went remove the tape on the wires going to the hood and there was the short. Thank you OP!