GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heated rear window failure

Chumeta

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, my heated rear window is not working. The switch turns on, the electrical relay is heard, there is no fault in vcds, which may fail. Does anyone have an electrical scheme? Thanks

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
If you want specific wiring diagrams based on your VIN try VW Row site

https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do

Its a pay for site and you can purchase as little as a one hour subscription for 7euros

I can also send you the NAR wiring diagram that mostly is the same but I can not guaranty it. Might want to check the wiring that goes through the rubber boot from body to hatch on left side when looking at rear of car to see if any wires are damaged inside.

Chumeta

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for your help. I have already fixed the problem, the wires cut inside the rubber tube that joins the bodywork to the tailgate on the driver's side. I show you photo

Attachments

• 1A12A4B9-76C2-4E21-B1F1-BBDC999F856A.jpeg
    1A12A4B9-76C2-4E21-B1F1-BBDC999F856A.jpeg
    1,003.3 KB · Views: 57

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks for your help. I have already fixed the problem, the wires cut inside the rubber tube that joins the bodywork to the tailgate on the driver's side. I show you photo
GTI's nailed it... that is a common known problem with GTI Mark V's, though. None the less, thanks for at least following up with confirmation of your problem. Too many people post problems and then never follow up.