GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlight question

Angry Turrd

Passed Driver's Ed
The headlights on my GTI came stock (bottom pic), and apparently the headlight on the other GTI are stock aswell? (top pic)
So im guessing the mk5 gti's here in Australia come with these shitty headlight stock.
My question is; Where can i find a cheap set of these headlights to put on my car? So far i only found a pair for just under $1k... ridiculous.

I would also appreciate a site were i can buy the majority of my parts/mods for my car in the future, thanks.

EDIT: Will these fit in my mk5?
http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Jetta_V--2.5/Lighting/Headlights/ES6476/

Attachments

• 6122810894_15d9b05ea2_b.jpg
    6122810894_15d9b05ea2_b.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 239
  • 2143.JPG
    2143.JPG
    377.6 KB · Views: 231

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
In Oz and 99% rest of the world GTI's cam with H7';s.
Only R32's came with Xenon.(HIDs) They (R32's)have what is called projector lenses. You can fit those like the link to get the same look but they wont have the auto levelling or Hid's.
Light will improve though.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
GTI's in U.S. came with the ones in the top pic, retro fit is probably more than 1K here in the U.S. Mine are 6+ years old and I was thinking of just getting a fresh set of housings to spruce the car up a bit. Factory ones are 425.00 per side! That is just the housing, you still need bulbs and ballasts.

Angry Turrd

Passed Driver's Ed
In Oz and 99% rest of the world GTI's cam with H7';s.
Only R32's came with Xenon.(HIDs) They (R32's)have what is called projector lenses. You can fit those like the link to get the same look but they wont have the auto levelling or Hid's.
Light will improve though.

Cheers man, cleared up alot :thumbup:

uhh, where do u buy mods for ur car my fellow aussie

Also, how do I make a 'profile pic' for my account?