GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlight Lenses

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
Anyone know where we can buy just the OEM lenses. Says they're crackproof in the manual, yet mine look shitty and have sun damage on them. i posted pics of them. with and without flash. the with flash shows the damage and little cracks, and the without flash shows what they look like regular.

Plus the car was washes yesterday, and i can't get those damn watermarks off.

Attachments

• DSCN2095.JPG
    DSCN2095.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 317
  • DSCN2096.JPG
    DSCN2096.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 317
  • DSCN2097.JPG
    DSCN2097.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 315
  • DSCN2098.JPG
    DSCN2098.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 316

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
tried buffing them yet?

As for your question, I don't know where you would be able to source them other than a dealer (assuming they even sell the lenses separate).

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
^^^yea we did buff them, but nothing came out :-( i don't want to buy the whole assembly. I know that costs an arm and a leg

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
That sucks, I'd go check out your local stealership to see if they even will sell you a separate piece and if so get some part numbers. Call around (ECS, DBC, etc) and see what kind of prices they can get for you as well from their suppliers.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
thanks man. i'll look around.

hopefully someone else with the same problem could input how they fixed it.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
wouldn't you be able to get knock offs and reuse their lense. also avoid parking them facing the sun to avoid more damage.

well if they're knock offs, the lenses are gonna be made of a different material than the OEM ones. apparently, OEM are "crack resistant." and i can't park away from the sun, since where my car is parked, is always getting direct sunlight.