GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlight buzz?!?!

Shood87

Ready to race!
So I left "dipped beam" as the car calls it went out a day or 2 ago so I was in the process of looking for a bulb but i wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.

About a month before it went out every time at start up when the beams would level i would hear a buzzing coming from the driver side headlight. Now it still looked like the beam was leveling so i was sure if it was another problem. I still hear that buzzing even tho the light is out. I was wondering if this could have made the bulb it self blow.

I did search and saw nothing on this so has anyone had this buzzing problem? I can try to get a video so you guys can hear what i am talking about but my phone has been messed up so ill try.

Thanks!!

RevoGLI

i <3 canada land
Car(s)
2006 GLI
That buzzing or "mmmmrrrrrrrt" might be the sound of the auto-leveling going through its full range of motion. At least that's what mine does each and every day when I start it up. You can see it best at night.

Normal to me.

But a constant soft buzzing, like an old ass tv buzz is probably not normal.

Shood87

Ready to race!
It is not constant buzz it is like a "mmmmrrrrttttt" thats actually the perfect description of the sound. The thing is I didn't use to hear it before it started like a month ago.

acewayne

Ready to race!
Did you recently lower your car? Did it start after you lowered it? If not, disregard my post.

When I lowered mine, my driver side headlight made a buzzing sound whenever the car did the auto-leveling process. I had the below fault stored when I scanned it with vagcom. I then went to do the alignment as shown in this link: http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/xenonalignment.html

1 Fault Found:
01539 - Headlights Not Adjusted
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation

The leveling arms on the driver side were in the correct position. It didn't work because the measuring block for the fronts weren't in the acceptable range (when you hover over the number it will tell you the acceptable range). I jacked the front up a little bit and checked the measuring block again and it was in the acceptable range and it worked and the noise went away.

A buddy of mine just lowered his car and has the same noise I did so we'll be doing the same thing for his eventually. Not sure if this is your problem, just trying to help.

Shood87

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info. I lowered my car about two years ago do you think this could happen after the fact? I mean as long as this is contributing to the head light going out then i can deal with the sound. I just don't want to put new bulbs in and have another go out because of this problem.