GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heading to the Dynojet tomorrow

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
Damn... haha. I'll be waiting for the results here...

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Well, here's the deal. I had no idea where to tell him to hook the ignition lead, so no torque/rpm numbers. He did a 3rd gear and 4th gear pull. From a man who dyno's a gazillion cars, he said we need to all run these in 3rd gear due to the strain it felt in 4th and the time it took to turn up. I'm trying to get the link here shortly. Anyway, I'm at work and he's emailing me the graph, which I can't get from work. In 4th gear it did 186 SAE corrected whp, in 3rd gear it did 195 whp SAE corrected. Hopefully I'm right, I didn't right it down as I had to hurry out of there. I couldn't be happier!

Last edited:

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
well if its SAE corrected then it's not whp

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I don't know what you mean. Dyno's don't tell you flywheel horsepower. I mean front wheel horsepower when I say fwhp. VS RWHP for rearwheel horsepower. It's corrected to SAE temp/humidity/baro/density.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
Wantagti. that is with in 3hp of what my stock dynojet 3rd gear pull was... here is my dyno sheet... As soon as I get a break from the world cup I want to get another Dyno and see the results from the GIAC X chip

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Yea, I was looking at yours. Looks like they're not "ringers". Where in the h*&^ did you hook the ignition dyno lead????? How many miles are on yours? I'd say the difference is probably in the dynos. Cool!

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
not sure he had to guess out several different wires but he got the right one first time... I had just over 1000miles it was 89 degreas

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Did you have that whole stupid intake cover off? If so, it isn't hardly worth going back to me.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Yea, I found it thanks. PITA. I had the hose loose on the driver side, pulled the clips on the left side and pulled the hose out. I pulled on the cover to the point I heard stressing plastic sounds and gave up. If I go again, I'll have that thing off before I waste his time.