GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Head unit re-flashed: "soft clipping" removed

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
Can someone ask the dealer what exactly they do, please In Mexico they don´t have a clue, they all ready spoke with VW puebla and they dont know, they say because the car is built there but taht special things are done by the dealers.

If someone has a friend as a dealer and can ask what is had to be done to remove soft fuc.... cliping.

Please

Ricardo

jkaruzas

Autocross Champion
Get soft clipping removed before delivery?

I take delivery three from today!! I am certain that I will be thoroughly annoyed with the soft-clipping feature found on the MkV, and I know I will want to have the radio flashed to have it removed. I don't want to get the car, e-mail VWoA, set up an appointment, take the car back, have the work done, and THEN be happy. I would much rather have the soft clipping dealt with before I (or when I) take delivery. Has anyone had this done or know anything about it? Thanks for any info. :thumbsup:

ksyushaxian

Passed Driver's Ed
I called the local dealer and the first person knew nothing, but she spoke with some mechanics and they described something similar to flashing the deck. I take it tomorrow at 3 p.m. and will let you know what they do.

D

ksyushaxian

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, I went to the local dealer and they knew NOTHING about it, so I am stuck with a cool radio which doesn't kick ass when I want it to. They did say that if they hear something....blah blah blah.....

JonnyDoe69

Drag Race Newbie
My dealer told me that they don't have the "software" to update my radio. I called 2 dealers in my area and neither of the service techs knew how to do it or knew anything about it. VwOA told me otherwise. Now it looks like i'm stuck till the dealership orders the software? I thought it was just going in and adjusting the "soft-clipping" levels??

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I just called VwOA and two days later my dealer had a disc to perform the radio reprogram. I think it does sound a little better on radio. Sounds like the bass is more detectable. I never noticed it turn down on its own. The sound quality difference between the radio and CD is quite different, which I guess is expected considering the fluctuation in FM signal.

TheGr8Scuda

Go Kart Newbie
I just called my dealerships service dept and asked if they had the software to reflash my radio. His response......hold on a minute ............................... .........................................................yes we just got it in a couple of days ago. I'm dropping my car off weds 5/31/06 for the fix, as well as a few other minor things. My steering sounds wierd when I make a turn sometimes, it's making a clicking noise "not cool" and there's still oil leaking from somewhere and I can't figure it out. Sorry about the RANT.

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
I had not answer from my dealer, I even give him this link, but he had spoke with many people in the factory and they don´t have a clue¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

TheGr8Scuda

Go Kart Newbie
I dropped my car off at the stealership this morning, and I got a call about 15 mins ago and he told me my car wasn't eligible to have the radio reflashed and this soft clipping B.S. corrected....So I put in a call to VWOA and explained this to them.....They ofcourse called my dealer while I was on hold, and when she got back to me she told me I wasn't eligible, but I explained to her I still have the problem regardless of what the recall says. She told me the dealer will look at it again to make sure there is no soft clipping. Not 5 mins after I hung up with her the service dept. calls me and he sounded a lil pissed that I called VWOA, saying that I didn't inform him of this problem and that he would look into it but my VIN wasn't part of the recall. I can't figure out why they're giving me such a hard time about this. Any ideas?