GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

hawk ceramics with oem rotors?

Just ordered and received (thank u ecs!!) my order of hawk ceramics and oem rotors all around. My car is an 08 with 40k miles, and the rears are almost completely gone, while the fronts are in decent shape, but I figured I'll do all. Anyone have this setup, and how do you like it? First time changing brakes on this car.

dddrew.

blah.
Just ordered and received (thank u ecs!!) my order of hawk ceramics and oem rotors all around. My car is an 08 with 40k miles, and the rears are almost completely gone, while the fronts are in decent shape, but I figured I'll do all. Anyone have this setup, and how do you like it? First time changing brakes on this car.
I just installed the hawk ceramics with some adam's slotted rotors (basically just like OEM) about a month ago. Installing these is a pain in the ass since the rear requires a tool i never heard of in my life until I installed them. I couldn't find any local parts stores that had them either, so make sure you have that before you start.

Anyways i've only had them on for about a month (and I was out of town for a week for vacation). I haven't notice any increase/decrease in stopping power yet, but I have noticed that there's no noise and no brake dust so far. That's all i'm looking for!

I just had someone do a brake fluid flush and change as well, might want to look into that since while you're doing this.