GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Having trouble with starting car!

Sometimes I get in my car, put in the clutch and crank the starter. Well, it doesn't turn on. This has happened 3 times now. And I think I've noticed it when I have the Satellite radio on when I try and start it. I just turn it back off, pull out the key, and try again, and it goes. Anyone else having this problem?

AndyAtUMD

Passed Driver's Ed
actually, something like that yes.

I put the car into 'on' with the sat radio on and THEN try to start it. It doesnt go sometimes. When it do it all in one motion, its fine.

Last edited:

Horizon

Drag Race Newbie
Here's a thread on the Vortex site with people having the same problem that you're having: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2448042

Seems pretty interesting why it's doing this... hope they find out what causes it asap. (unless it has to do with the direct-cylinder injection. maybe it's priming the cylinders before a startup?)

Thanks. I didn't bother going over there because that area has so much stuff now, and the sub-forum is mixed with golf & GLI & GTI & Jetta & R32, so it kinda sucks.

Horizon

Drag Race Newbie
I hear you on that... it really is confusing trying to find specific information in there now. Got to love this site, though ;)