GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone taken the GTI to the track yet?

cougar2465

Passed Driver's Ed
If you have, how did it go?

Any particular track day organiser recommended?

I can't wait till mine reach 1500km!.. just to be safe.

Cheers

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
i haven't been to the track yet ever....but damn i would love to go...can someone plz organize something.....i want to c what this animal does lol..dont like speeding on the street :smile:

Mr_B

Ready to race!
There have been a fair few here in QLD out at Archerfeild. Sadly haven't driven them but I've seen a few on track and they were bloody quick. Most were lightly modified and still ranked in the top 5 for the day.

speedlimit256k

Michael Schumacher
Ive been to the Nurburing a couple times.

The Good: Car is handles ok on stock suspension, great fun.

The Bad: I must upgrade Tires,Brakes,Ride height/Stiffness, Swaybars.

Limited Slip Differential would help alot on turns too.:burnrubber:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
Ive been to the Nurburing a couple times.

The Good: Car is handles ok on stock suspension, great fun.

The Bad: I must upgrade Tires,Brakes,Ride height/Stiffness, Swaybars.

Limited Slip Differential would help alot on turns too.:burnrubber:

thats one place i would love to go one day :thumbup:

cougar2465

Passed Driver's Ed
As you know our cars (stock) come alive at 4000rpm and above but we can't keep it above 4000rpm for too long except on the track so yeah, I am looking forward to taking mine to the track and let it go. The Green Hell/the Ring is my dream track, you're so lucky to be able to take your car to the Ring.

Anybody else for track days soon?

Donald32

Backseat Driver
As you know our cars (stock) come alive at 4000rpm and above but we can't keep it above 4000rpm for too long except on the track so yeah, I am looking forward to taking mine to the track and let it go. The Green Hell/the Ring is my dream track, you're so lucky to be able to take your car to the Ring.

Anybody else for track days soon?

it's not a cheap thing to go to the track especially on a regular basis... tyres, pads etc.. money better spent on mods? :iono: if there's a day, I will join :thumbsup:

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
There was one at a track day at Winton a couple of months back but the owner was a track day virgin and was going slower than some of the NA Mazda 3 guys there from Mazda club so not really representative. I missed out on another track day at Winton today due to work but should be attending one at Sandown in a couple of months.

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
I'm keen to take the wife's GTI to Wakefield or somewhere, but I think I've been told by the car's owner that it's MINIs only for track days in our household. :laugh:

cougar2465

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes track day can be a bit expensive and for some of us the money is better spent in mods. But guys, you really need to take your baby to the track at least ONCE and trust me, you'll love your baby MUCH more :wub:
Our cars belong to the tracks :burnrubber:
My car is still stock, only has Eibach springs and 18" wheels but that would be enough to have a lot of fun on the track :wink:

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Track days aren't THAT expensive for small cars like ours.... if you join a CAMS affiliated club that holds regular track days it will normally only cost you $150-200 for a full day on the track. Small cars don't rip through pads and tyres anywhere near as quick as the big heavy cars like Commo's etc.

Really what's the point of mods if a) you can't utilise them to their full potential and b) you don't know how to drive your car effectively anyway? Track days are great for learning both your, and the car's limits which will benefit you on the street cos you'll know exactly what you and the car can do in an emergency situation as well as enjoying the car more.

With the Mazda club i went out with some of the guys to offer a bit of advice at one of the Winton days and some of the guys had absolutely no idea what they were doing out there, no idea on lines, braking, anything and they were plodding around still having fun but once they start to learn some more they just got quicker and quicker.

sausage

Ready to race!
Our cars belong to the tracks :burnrubber:
QUOTE]

I think Golf GTIs are for the road not the track. Honda Type R variants are much better suited for the track than the GTIs... I'm talking about stock.
I put down the order for the GTI for its massive torque and flexibility on the road... I think its a bit weak at the top end and softly suspended for the track. Having said that, i think its perfect for the road!