GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Harsh engine braking

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Mostly finished rewiring my car to remove leads for all the stuff I'd taken out, also relocated ECU to the interior. Ended up with about 15 lbs of wire. Went for a test drive today and noticed that when I let off the gas, the car would engine brake immediately and with force. To clarify,

-Car rolls freely, nothing is stuck and the brakes & e-brake work normally
-Rear O2 is disconnected pending extension of those wires to the ECU
-F2 & F3 (marked as ABS in the manual) as well as the fuses marked for audio were removed

I'm guessing one of the fuses or the disconnected rear O2 may have disabled the catalyst heat rev hang and this is responsible for the much more immediate engine braking. So, my question to people who have had the eco rev-hang deleted: does your car engine brake much more immediately and aggressively?

Car(s)
Subaru
i have the rev hang delete but i believe dm doesnt tune it out completely. i think its still there and is actually more of a faster than stock but not completely gone. what im wondering is if its cutting fuel completely though. have you ran logs on your new setup yet?

Car(s)
Subaru
from dm's site "We ensure that engine speed drops as fast as mechanically possible while still allowing a smooth transition to idle speed."

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
I put the ABS fuses back in and that took care of the issue. The engine braking was coming on IMMEDIATELY and with full force. It was surprisingly aggressive.

I still have a couple things to do before the car is ready for long drives, including reinstall of the airbag ECU and driver's airbag. I don't have much to log when that's together since not much has changed on the motor. Better cooling could be expected for both the radiator and IC now that there's no AC condenser in front of them, but that is not a big issue for me since I'm running WM.

Biggest change after airbags are in will be to reduce TB WM nozzle size, and add another nozzle pre-turbo :thumbup:

Car(s)
Subaru
just get a tune. a tuned gti will walk you and all he did would be plug it into a computer for 15mins. sure it cost but sounds like youre committed to trying to make that gli fast. might as well tune it

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
just get a tune. a tuned gti will walk you and all he did would be plug it into a computer for 15mins. sure it cost but sounds like youre committed to trying to make that gli fast. might as well tune it

I daily APR Stage 2 100 octane lol. Going Eurodyne when I go big.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Hahaha, I have Bilstein PSS10 among a bunch of other mods. The car is totally gutted but it's not exactly a cheap build.

Duster117

Ready to race!
Its strange that a abs fuse would cause it.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Those fuses also control steering assist and the speedometer. When they were removed I had neither. The steering wasn't completely manual, just very dumb and much heavier.

Duster117

Ready to race!
Those fuses also control steering assist and the speedometer. When they were removed I had neither. The steering wasn't completely manual, just very dumb and much heavier.

Hmm I need to check my fuses then. I've been living with a steering light and heavy steering since I bought the car. Vcds only says basic settings are not there but it won't let me do basic settings. Also it says the front left abs sensor is bad even though its new