GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R Ultralows

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
Who's got'em?

Need to know how stiff they are. Thinking about picking up a set.

I know their spring rates end up being:

5K/6K

KSport V3s are 7.5K/4K

B&Gs are 7K/5K

Trying to figure out if it'll be stiff enough to be as low as I want. I'm going to be poking in the rear, so, yeah.

Thx! :biggrin:

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
Yeah. I've been talking to wbean.

He said they are soft, I'm not too worried about how "Soft" they feel though. That just proves that it has good dampening. I'm more worried about suspension travel and everything.

Going to be poking, so limited suspension travel is always a big + to me, lol.

MDmkvug

breaking bad
Gonna pick up a set of this pretty soon. Ultralows seem to be the best for going low the lower you go stiffer it gets and shock travel should beat any competition by far h&r wouldnt release something that rode like shit and got you that low lol :thumbsup:

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
Gonna pick up a set of this pretty soon. Ultralows seem to be the best for going low the lower you go stiffer it gets and shock travel should beat any competition by far h&r wouldnt release something that rode like shit and got you that low lol :thumbsup:

I'm not worried about them riding like shit. I'm worried about my fender eating my rim for lunch everytime I go over a bump, :biggrin:

cut your dildo into slices and use them as bumpstops. it'll help the car from squatting so much

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
cut your dildo into slices and use them as bumpstops. it'll help the car from squatting so much

I thought of that too. but, are the bumpstops enough in your opinion?

I assume i'd throw them on, get a bunch of people to sit in the car, and then figure out where to bump-stop it kind of thing?

Drill these guys out and slide them on. boom boom dildo steez.

They should have bumpstops at your local parts store. The ones i got were by energy suspension and they were pretty hard. If you need harder ones, I'm sure you can order them online. You'll find them for around $10.

To measure, I guess you can put a ziptie on to the rod when it's in the air...let it down and see how high the ziptie goes. cut the bumpstop to whatever the difference is from the ziptie to the top mount thing then slide them on. Might want to cut it a little longer then trim to desired height.

I'm assuming you're on coils already so instead of buying a new set, save that money for a new fleshlight.

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
They should have bumpstops at your local parts store. The ones i got were by energy suspension and they were pretty hard. If you need harder ones, I'm sure you can order them online. You'll find them for around $10.

To measure, I guess you can put a ziptie on to the rod when it's in the air...let it down and see how high the ziptie goes. cut the bumpstop to whatever the difference is from the ziptie to the top mount thing then slide them on. Might want to cut it a little longer then trim to desired height.

I'm assuming you're on coils already so instead of buying a new set, save that money for a new fleshlight.

Not on coils yet. But leaning towards Ultralows because my buddy has a set for sale locally, and it'd save me the most money, heh.

Also seems to get me to my height without pulling any collars, which is always nice.

Thanks for your help Alex! :thumbsup:

eXpo

Car(s)
2009 GTI
If you go with the UltraLows, do you plan on testing them out as they are first before you add the bump stops (shown above)? Because I, too, am curious how these coil overs are and how stiff they are.