GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R SuperSport Before/After

ControlFreak

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, I just got H&R SuperSport springs installed and found out that I hadn't had the spacers removed either, so i got a very nice drop.

Before

After

I got them installed the day before i took the pic's. How much lower will they settle? :thumbsup:

ControlFreak

Passed Driver's Ed
No, not yet. I figure I've got some time before I need replacements considering I've got 19k on it. But when I do I believe I'll get some Koni Yellows or something.

I really wanna get a 3" DP to really make the car sound great.

Car(s)
08 UG GTi
start saving for the shocks now, youll need them. look into the classifieds on here or on vortex.... youll find them cheaper

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
You should expect about 1 finger all around when it is settled.

that is where I am at right now on stock shocks.

also, I am 24.5" from the front fenders and 25" from the rears.

im also planning on getting koni yellows or bilstein shocks as well in the future, but right now, I believe my stock shocks are fine.

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
Not sure if my spacers are removed because I didnt install them. any way to check?

springs were on for about a good 2 months (since near the end of June). I just wished it was a bit lower.

anyway, here are some pics I took just now:

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
I really think that is the perfect drop. I'm saving for springs and struts so I can do it right the first time and be done with it.

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
I really think that is the perfect drop. I'm saving for springs and struts so I can do it right the first time and be done with it.

definitely man.

drop is perfect. not to low that you'll scrape a lot, yet not too high that you look like a 4x4

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Which "spacers" are you referring to? If you're talking about the pieces of foam that are inserted between the coils to protect the stock suspension when shipping new from Germany, then they wouldn't be in anymore. They would have been on the stock springs and thus gone when you took off your stock springs. Unless of course you put them on the new springs (which I doubt).

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
sry to revive the thread, but about how long does it take for the springs to fully settle? like a week? 2?

for me, I think a good 3-4 weeks. On week 2, you can start to see a slight difference and then on the 3rd week, it starts to get slightly lower and when the 4th week hits, it is about 1 finger all around.

On the first day, aka after installation, it was about 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 finger all around.