GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R Sport/Race Springs. Same Drop Which Rides Nicer?

catch

Ready to race!
Im curious if there is a ride difference between the H&R Race and Sport springs.
Theyre both rated at 1.5F 1.4R drop.

I have a set of Race on my BMW 335 and theyre no where near as comfortable as the Sport, but they are lower...

Im leaning towards going with the Sport for the GTI just based on the BMW experience (not complaining about the ride quality at all, but if Im going to end up with the same drop Id prefer the better ride of course).

Id love to go with the SuperSport but they might be too low for my brother in law and hes the one driving it daily.

Any advise???

thanks in advance

catch

Ready to race!
btw, this is for a 2007 GTI, thats why the drop is the same for them apparently... I'm assuming cause this thing looks like a 4x4 and the other later years dont as much

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
Car(s)
its not special.
Eibach Sportline...

but if you must with the H&R, the Sports will ride better than the Race springs.

If you want to hate your commute, but love track days put H&R Race springs with Bilstein Sports.

For real world sport/comfort... my vote is Eibach Sportlines with Koni Sports.

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
well im ignorant and have no experience with either product, so im going to say coils, and achieve moar low...

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
I have super sports on my car and I love them. The ride feels barely stiffer under normal driving but cornering is a huge improvement. the race springs are the same higher than the supers but about the same as the sports I belive, they are stiffer and designed more for aggressive driving. Really for a daily driving road car the sports are all you need, if you're planning on tracking/autoxing more then the sports might be a better option.

Bryan06GTI

On my best behavior
Car(s)
06 GTI
i had sportlines and i loved them until i got the moar low bug