GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R Coilovers-Got em??

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Hey guys/gals,
Sounds crazy, but I already have my H&R's waiting for my 5 door GTI!! Just can't stand that US spec ride height. Gotta be some kind of record as you can't even officially order these cars yet!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Props to Johnathan at Worldone Performance in Seattle for getting them to me in less than a week and for the best price I found by $50!! Great guy, great service! Good to see their are companies willing to back up a product with support and follow through. From them to me in less than 1 week!!

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
azmcs said:
Hey guys/gals,
Sounds crazy, but I already have my H&R's waiting for my 5 door GTI!! Just can't stand that US spec ride height. Gotta be some kind of record as you can't even officially order these cars yet!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Props to Johnathan at Worldone Performance in Seattle for getting them to me in less than a week and for the best price I found by $50!! Great guy, great service! Good to see their are companies willing to back up a product with support and follow through. From them to me in less than 1 week!!

:bow: I've had the urge to order some stuff for my 5-door too but so far I've resisted :smile: Not sure how much longer I can though after seeing you order coilovers already.... must .... fight.... urge. Argh.

Seriously congrats that's awesome cause like you said the stock ride height is kind of silly. Any other mods planned?!

azmcs

JJ-R32 said:
:bow: I've had the urge to order some stuff for my 5-door too but so far I've resisted :smile: Not sure how much longer I can though after seeing you order coilovers already.... must .... fight.... urge. Argh.

Seriously congrats that's awesome cause like you said the stock ride height is kind of silly. Any other mods planned?!

Yeah, you saw my post about wheels. Gonna do those, 15% tint, Oettinger/Carbonio intake, Overhead DVD system (for my kiddo), maybe the Reiger or Votex kit, and probably the APR chip. I like the idea of setting back tp the stock settings easily as well as the "Valet" mode they are gonna offer.

Kinda nice for all the 2 door folks to be the guinea pigs Stateside for these mods prior to our cars getting here!

GTI2007

azmcs said:
Hey guys/gals,

Are those coil-overs the adjustable ones??

azmcs

Fixed dampening. From all that I have read, the ride should be a bit firmers than stock, with a bit less body roll. The big thing for me is being able to dump the car on the deck for shows, etc, and then actually rais eit up to drive daily!. Especially since my wife will be driving it most days!:biggrin:

azmcs

GTI2007 said:
according to what I've already read from him I think the ABT bodykit and Rial Nogaro 18" wheels

You got it! Working on the Nogaros now and the ABT kit hopefully. My wife is not as excited about this one, so we may ennd up with painted stock sills and rear bumper, then the Votex front lip. We'll see......

Also gonna do the APR chip and tint the windows. That's about it for now.