GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Vs. Civic SI

baileymkv

Car(s)
Candy White MKV Gti
So I was on my way home from school the other day, and this pretty heavily modified civic pulls up next to me at the light. He obviously had an aftermarket exhaust and new suspension, but I don't know if he had any performance mods or not. Meanwhile, my GTI is completely stock (my mom won't let me modify it even though I have the money -_-). We shout at each other trying to drown out his exhaust, and we eventually agree on a roll race from 40 since there was no lights ahead of us for a long stretch. We start off braking and accelerating trying to get even, and once we get to 40, He honks three times and we're off. He had me at the start by about a half-car length, but once I hit 4th, I pulled back into it. Once we passed the next light going 110 with about a car and a half between us and I was the obvious winner :happyanim: Being one of my first races against an SI, I was immensely impressed with how my stock GTI performed against it. Yet another big ego smashed :fighting0030:

DerSock

Ready to race!
I feel like this should have been posted yesterday... Its a joke right?

jonht96

He probably means you should have won by more earlier unless its one of the new SI's but still... My heavy ass GLI dragged my buddy's SI from midway through second.

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
He probably means why were you going 110 through an intersection.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime

Subie2013

Humble yourself
A few quick questions/statements.

Probably want to lie about location around here. You're gonna get tore into by saying you were driving down a road at 110mph and obviously not on a highway/backroad.(you shouldn't realistically be going that fast on anything but a track.)

Next, I'm assuming you're in high school since your mom won't let you buy your car(I mean her car) car parts. Quit abusing your rights to drive.

Third, don't fucking street race on a god damn public road too 110mph with fucking street lights you kid. Jesus.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Yeah I'm 17. Senior in high school. And Subie2013, you seem to be a bit angry. Its just a friendly race so I think you can calm down a little bit.

The fathers in the forum or those that have lost family members to unsafe driving in the forum just don't want you to become a statistic. In my city every year I read about at least one high school fatality due to loss of control while speeding or racing. You fit the profile, young, inexperienced driver with a high performance car. Just keep it safe so you don't kill yourself or someone else and you make it out of your teens safely because not everyone does. Keep your friends safe when they ride with you so they can make it our of their teens as well.

Do enjoy your car, but do it by going to local autox events and dragstrip. Tons of fun and great learning experience.

baileymkv

Car(s)
Candy White MKV Gti
The fathers in the forum or those that have lost family members to unsafe driving in the forum just don't want you to become a statistic. In my city every year I read about at least one high school fatality due to loss of control while speeding or racing. You fit the profile, young, inexperienced driver with a high performance car. Just keep it safe so you don't kill yourself or someone else and you make it out of your teens safely because not everyone does. Keep your friends safe when they ride with you so they can make it our of their teens as well.

Do enjoy your car, but do it by going to local autox events and dragstrip. Tons of fun and great learning experience.

Oh no yeah I completely understand and respect that. The guy was just being an asshole about it lol

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
yes, definately go to the drag strip where there are emergency personnel/ a smooth track and enough room to really push it. plus, in the brackets you get a staggered start with cars that ran quicker time for a fair shot at "maybe" beating them. oh, and no highway patrol tickets from racing off public highway, track near me also runs "top the cops" competition with local police running mostly 16's in crown vics.

I used to work as PDI tech in honda dealer, the newer SI with K24 totally pulls better from a dig then the K20 did. but the redline dropped to 7k instead of 8.