GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Vs Challenger SRT8

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
i know a guy around who has been bragging a lot about his car and he is really pissing me off.
what do i need to beat him?...i have now a basic stage 2 (CAI, TBE and stage 2 software)...i know my mods are worthless thats why i am not even trying now

but what i want to know, is K04 enough or i need more?

Edit: he say its modded and that its 500hp

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
You'll need a k04 to keep up with him from a roll and he will likely pull on you at triple digits. Anything less than that and I wouldn't bother.

Cliff notes - Stage 3 or buy a faster car.

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
A new car or a big ass turbo.

Turbostream

Go Kart Champion
Challanger SRT8 are pretty slow actually. i mean for a 6.1L Hemi it only gets 420HP + all that weight. its pretty much dead even with the new camaro SS which is pathetic since the thing costs as much as a Gt500. so yea u will def even it up with a K04. id think ud even pull with a k04 from a roll if he was stock.

a modded one like ur friends is a different story so expect to mod the shit out of ur car to keep up with that!

nikitynick

EurotrashSD Dubber
i say why bother, he doesnt seem worth it IMO. i think stage 3, FMIC, snow/meth kit, and good tires or a new car. think how much he paid as well as how much you did, as well as your MPG compared to his.

GoodFast08

Give it the beans!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Tell him to mod his car more. With chip, intake, and exhaust you cant get 550hp out of the 6.1. Ive driven a magnum set up like that and holy shit it was fast. You would need a new car to beat it, or USP's gti lol.

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
Tell him to mod his car more. With chip, intake, and exhaust you cant get 550hp out of the 6.1. Ive driven a magnum set up like that and holy shit it was fast. You would need a new car to beat it, or USP's gti lol.

you mean that with your stage 3 setup you wouldn't have a chance? :frown:

btw why do you want to sell your stage 3 kit?

Edit: didnt see you wrote its new

T13R

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Vehicle Curb Weight: 4,140 lbs.
0 to 60 mph: 4.8 sec (Car and Driver Test Results)
1/4 Mile Time: 13.3 sec (Car and Driver Test Results)

From another website, 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6MT
¼ Mile Time:13.5 seconds @103.0 mph

Some times taken from dragtimes.com for stock Challenger SRT8 (auto)
13.110 @ 108.330
13.310 @ 108.110
13.478 @ 103.450
13.780 @ 104.900

There is only one Stage 2 GTI out there that can do better in the 1/4 compared to the top times... I guess a K04 would be the minimum needed though if he is really putting down 500 hp. But you could also go somewhere with lots of corners and take him with Stage 2 right away.

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Vehicle Curb Weight: 4,140 lbs.
0 to 60 mph: 4.8 sec (Car and Driver Test Results)
1/4 Mile Time: 13.3 sec (Car and Driver Test Results)

From another website, 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6MT
¼ Mile Time:13.5 seconds @103.0 mph

Some times taken from dragtimes.com for stock Challenger SRT8 (auto)
13.110 @ 108.330
13.310 @ 108.110
13.478 @ 103.450
13.780 @ 104.900

There is only one Stage 2 GTI out there that can do better in the 1/4 compared to the top times... I guess a K04 would be the minimum needed though if he is really putting down 500 hp. But you could also go somewhere with lots of corners and take him with Stage 2 right away.

Thanks for the info.

i dont know much about challengers and the american muscle cars in general but when you said "go somewhere with lot of corners", do you mean that the challenger sucks in corners??
as far as i know that our cars are fwd and the challenger is rwd and i guess that will makes it superior in corners more than mine specially when i am equipped with stock suspension and brakes :iono:

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
actually i was thinking about changing my car, i even made a thread about that
but finally when i went and checked other cars i felt that i am in love with my car and cant let it go. so i decided to upgrade my car
first i thought about K04. then i just said if i am going to the bigger turbo route why not stage 3 or even GT3071R
i am just doing some search now for the BT kits and the supporting mods i need and i guess that will be my next project

Last edited:

T13R

4140 lbs vs ~3140 lbs (assuming 2dr DSG). You're about 1000 lbs or 454 Kg lighter.

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
If I am not mistaken, its has the same engine the SRT8 300 had. If thats the case a basic Stage 3 kit will take it. When my father's 300 SRT-8 was stock he had it down in the 12.4-12.6s with help of drag slicks. When I started modding my GTI, his SRT was done heavily modify, but i think with a stag2+ GTI a stock 6.1 SRT8 will put about 3-5 cars on the GTI.

GoodFast08

Give it the beans!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
you mean that with your stage 3 setup you wouldn't have a chance? :frown:

btw why do you want to sell your stage 3 kit?

Edit: didnt see you wrote its new

Yeah im selling the setup for a friend. If i had a stage 3 kit it would be on my car lol.