GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI v. R32

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
Came up on a UG GTI w/ an .:R logo on the passenger side of the hatch yesterday afternoon headed north on I-35. Looked to be fairly stock until you took off on me. I'm guessing stg. 2 w/ stock CBE. Could've been stg. 1 I suppose. Car was pretty quick, but we started off at about 65 mph anyway. I quickly got left behind and shut it down about 90. It was cool while we had some open space, but when the cars came up and you started weaving through traffic, that's when it went downhill. Not sure if you're here or not, but you got a nice ride. Would hate to see you mess it up ducking & dodging through rush hour traffic like that, dude. Otherwise, nice run! :thumbsup:

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Racing through traffic... bad juju man.

Tune it up -jakrbt- if he's stage 1 you'll get a better chance to keep up :biggrin:

-jakrbt-

Racing through traffic... bad juju man.

Tune it up -jakrbt- if he's stage 1 you'll get a better chance to keep up :biggrin:

Well, I was sitting on about 3/4 of a tank of fuel, too. And I started off in 5th, so I wasn't really lookin' for a run. I mean, I had my kid with me, too, so I wasn't too serious about wanting to run this guy. I wanted to pull up next to him and ask what exactly he had done, but didn't get that chance.

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
Car(s)
'12 4 door GTI
Well, I was sitting on about 3/4 of a tank of fuel, too. And I started off in 5th, so I wasn't really lookin' for a run. I mean, I had my kid with me, too, so I wasn't too serious about wanting to run this guy. I wanted to pull up next to him and ask what exactly he had done, but didn't get that chance.

You auto win because you were being a responsible parent.
Meanwhile this other dooooosh is weaving in and outta traffic, possibly killing someone..

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT

Oh heck yeah; you didn't mention the rugrat to start with :biggrin: . If my kids are with me and someone tries to race me I just laugh and roll my eyes at them as I point to the back seat. They either get it or they are a douche anyway :thumbsup:

-jakrbt-

You auto win because you were being a responsible parent.
Meanwhile this other dooooosh is weaving in and outta traffic, possibly killing someone..

Well, to be honest a responsible parent wouldn't have even bothered at all. But that little devil sitting on my shoulder said it was okay up to a point. :23:

Besides, it's not like he's in a Recaro or anything! :wink:

Car(s)
Acura RSX-S
i hate when ppl do that lol. nice run

CW MKV GTI

FukenMoven!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Very mature showing on your part. I would never, ever do a run with my future kid in the car. Doesn't matter how much I knew that I'd "win". Doesn't matter how much of a douchebag the other person in the opposing car was. There's just some things in life that are better left undone. God forbid something happened...Whether I got into an accident or caused one, the kid would end up either A) Scarred for life.. B) Injured or even dead.. C) Without a father. I'd never live that down. I'd take it to my grave.

I'm glad you had the responsibility to back it down when the scenario changed(traffic). Good show man.

Good show on your part, a big thumbs down to the GTI driver. Keep the bullshit out of traffic. There are too many variables when you start dicing around in traffic. What if someone blows a tire? What if someone randomly slows down or goes to change lanes and doesn't see you? If you MUST race on the streets, at least have the common sense to do it when the road is straight, flat, and no other cars in sight. Plain and simple. People these days man. Just because you have a quick(won't say fast) car doesn't mean everyone else on the god damn road wants to see how quick it is. Period.

Next time anyone gets the urge to go fucking around in traffic, watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhIsgxMs4iQ

Fast forward to 1:50.

Last edited: