GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti Storage

gti4vic

Bird Dog Him Frankie!!
This goes for any vehicle that has, or needs to be stored.

1. Location; Find a secure storage unit and or garage to store vehicle. If you have to store out side please put in well lit secure location and secure the damn thing.

2. Clean; wash, wax and compound vehicle, and besure to really clean and vacuum the inside. Also drop moth balls in to keep any insects, ie spiders ants and roaches from making you car thier home for winter.

3. Cover; never leave a car for a long period of time in the sun, if some sort of shelter is not within your budget or avalible, invest in a uv cover for your car.

4. Fuel; prior to leaving you can, never leave the take empty. First while fuel is low put in a fuel stabilizer than fill you car all the way up, to prevent currosion in tank, also you do want to ride it around so the stabilizer can also rest in you lines.

5 Battery; un plug your battery groud to keep you car from running it down, If able ivest in a solar power trickle charge system to give you can and patery just enough power to make it during its storage time.

6.Tires; Place the vehicle on jacks, just high enough to keep the weight off the tires. This will prevent flat spots, tire rot, and uneven wear down the line that will mess up alignment and balance.

7. Exhaust; stuff exhaust with a sock or two to keep any thing from climbing in and making your exhaust or turbo its new home( had it happen 3in in enough for a squirrel he honestly stored nuts and lived in my exhaust and dp of my VR4)

8. Coolant and windshield wiper fluid; coolant you should be good but windshield wipper fluid....c'mon some of us are guilty of filling that thing with water, if so drain it half way or get some real fluid from auto zone that won't freeze.

I hope this helped anyone who is either deploying,leaving for vacation, have a new daily driver and or just storing a project.
Best of luck.

RF328

Ready to race!
Thanks! I need to store my car for about 5 months and i thought id better search before I make a new post!:thumbsup: