GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

gti stage 2+ vs e46 m3

g2.0ti

Ready to race!
gti mods listed in signature
m3 was tuned with intake and pully

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-48N-lokGr8&feature=player_embedded

the thing pulls nasty in top end. 40 rolls are closer for us. cant wait to get a fuckin gt2871r lol.

he got me by 2 cars. zoomed camera makes it look like a little more. the spot we were racing at was perfeeccccct. out in the country with no cops or traffic. we all just parked on the side of the road and raced for 3 hours straight. sent two cars out at a time.

ripped

Go Kart Champion
Win for having a vid

Kiser10

Das Boost
Car(s)
'06 GTI
Did you ever run him when he was stock? & if so, what was the outcome?

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Nice run. No need to go GT2871R. Judging from the distance he pulled on you, just a K04 with stage 1 is all you'll need to put 3-4 cars on him. But since you already own some hardware parts you'll go K04 stage 2+ a lot easier and your top end will be nastier than his. That will put a couple buses. :thumbsup:

bwoodahl

Ready to race!
... just a K04 with stage 1 is all you'll need to put 3-4 cars on him. But since you already own some hardware parts you'll go K04 stage 2+ .. :thumbsup:

What is the difference between K04 stage 1 and K04 stage 2+ ?

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
I assume tuning stages just like ours, except his car came stock with a K04. Stage 1 is just a reflash and stage 2 + would be exhaust, intake and FP, etc.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
There's ko4 stock like edition 30 and pirelli edition got and then there tunes for those guys. Us didn't get any ko4 but we get the same numbers roughly. Some people have hpfp and better ic or cat back exhaust or not. Some people say stock intake is better for ko4 than aftermarket. But its kinda the same.

posted with my phone

g2.0ti

Ready to race!
Nice run. No need to go GT2871R. Judging from the distance he pulled on you, just a K04 with stage 1 is all you'll need to put 3-4 cars on him. But since you already own some hardware parts you'll go K04 stage 2+ a lot easier and your top end will be nastier than his. That will put a couple buses. :thumbsup:

lol i will beat this guy sure with a k04, but then i will find someone else and lose to them. the way i see it, go big or go home. plus, the atp 2871r kit is 2400 bucks. uses the same exact turbo as the apr kit.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
lol i will beat this guy sure with a k04, but then i will find someone else and lose to them. the way i see it, go big or go home. plus, the atp 2871r kit is 2400 bucks. uses the same exact turbo as the apr kit.

ATP makes good shit. Gt28 is a beast.

posted with my phone

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
What is the difference between K04 stage 1 and K04 stage 2+ ?
>>
I assume tuning stages just like ours, except his car came stock with a K04. Stage 1 is just a reflash and stage 2 + would be exhaust, intake and FP, etc.
That's right. The stages are similar. Except we have internals that do not require replacement for up to 360bhp or maybe a little more. So stage 1 is with only software ~300-315bhp, stage 2 is with intake/exhaust ~315-330bhp and stage 2+ is with a hpfp addition ~345-360bhp depending on tuner. So I assume the OP can keep his APR hpfp if he goes the K04 route and get his hands on incredible horsepower at minimum cost. Best bang for your buck IMO.

There's ko4 stock like edition 30 and pirelli edition got and then there tunes for those guys. Us didn't get any ko4 but we get the same numbers roughly. Some people have hpfp and better ic or cat back exhaust or not. Some people say stock intake is better for ko4 than aftermarket. But its kinda the same.

posted with my phone
You get similar numbers with aftermarket K04 you mean. That's correct. In fact and I don't understand why, exact same aftermarket K04 tunes show just a tiny bit more power than ours, for like +5bhp. But yeah pretty much the same. I hear you on the intake, I've heard complaints from a few people.

Good run Jose. Its nice to have a video for once so we can talk about the cars and not the validity of the story.

Anyway, I always loved the e46 m3. What a f*cking engine and a car. During the winter I was considering selling the MKV and buying one until I saw the insurance on it. Either way its a 12 second car stock and a car that traps 104mph stock. I believe the curb weight for the e46's is ~3,400lbs. I think MAYBE one of our faster s2+'s could keep up with a stock one from a roll.

From a dig, goodnight.

EDIT: Was just doing a little reading on the e46, and apparently the Euro spec, which I assume is not limited, can hit 188mph stock. Holy sh*t.

ripped

Go Kart Champion
Good run Jose. Its nice to have a video for once so we can talk about the cars and not the validity of the story.

Anyway, I always loved the e46 m3. What a f*cking engine and a car. During the winter I was considering selling the MKV and buying one until I saw the insurance on it. Either way its a 12 second car stock and a car that traps 104mph stock. I believe the curb weight for the e46's is ~3,400lbs. I think MAYBE one of our faster s2+'s could keep up with a stock one from a roll.

From a dig, goodnight.

i got the solution for the dig
k04 rwd right here :biggrin:

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI

g2.0ti

Ready to race!

From a dig, goodnight.

EDIT: Was just doing a little reading on the e46, and apparently the Euro spec, which I assume is not limited, can hit 188mph stock. Holy sh*t.

jose????

D-Rick21

Ready to race!

From a dig, goodnight.

where did you read that? can you show us a link? I really don't think an e46 m3 is doing 188mph. haha that's pretty close to what the newer Z06's do and they're lighter and 505 hp.