GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Pirelli - Limp Mode

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
Hi Guys,

Firstly I'll apologise I'm typing this on my iPhone so I don't have the exact VCDS logs on my phone, but I am getting pissed off with this car, I keep getting the EPC, check tyre pressure and traction lights on the dash. All the fault codes point to throttle errors. I spent $1,900 in May at VW service getting a new throttle body and accelerator pedal as they were sure that was the problem, the issue went away until a few weeks ago. I also had the entire wiring harness loom replaced/repaired under warranty as apparently that was the cause. I'm onto my 3rd throttle body now I can't afford to just keep forking out $800 for a throttle body every few months! Surely someone else has this issue and it's not just me. It gradually gets worse and you lose power when it goes into limp mode. Sometimes the car fails to start without putting your foot on the gas while turning the key. Before the last throttle body replacement the car used to actually stall/break down while driving once on the highway!! Dangerous as fuck!

If anyone has any help or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Car is out of warranty and modified anyway so I'm not sure what my next call of action is, as I'm sure if I kick up a fuss with VW they will blame the modifications.

If you need any further information please let me know.

Thanks in advance :)

redback

ftmfw
Where have you been mate? Thought you totaled your car or something

I had that issue once when I took a turn without braking. Didnt notice your symptoms tho because there was a stoplight close ahead. When I was at the traffic lights I turned the car off then back on and it went away. Forgot what my mechanic said tho. But has only happened once a few months ago and hasn't happened since.

petsy

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to hear of your problems as I've started to get the same problems and that's even after changing both throttle body and intake manifold flap motor.

You really need to post your vcds scans as without them everyone will just be guessing.