GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI, manual, Eibach Sportline, 18" wheels, Royal National Park = Pure Sex, almost!

cougar2465

Passed Driver's Ed
GTI, manual, Eibach Sportline, 18" wheels, Royal National Park = Pure Sex, almost!

Took my 4 day old GTI to Royal National Park today... love the Eibach Sportline with 18" wheels, cornering like a slot car and no rubbing! With this spring, I can see bit of neg chamber there which I don't mind as it gives me more grip/tyre contact on corners.
Love the manual gearbox on the road like this - many gears shifting + clutch play ... So much fun shifting from 4th to 2nd gear on the late hard brake approaching corners :biggrin: but heel to toe to blip on downshift is hopeless on this car... or maybe it's just me :iono:
DId it all alone in the car with no sound effect from the passenger seat :thumbup:
On the way back, saw red GTI on opposite direction... anyone from here? mine is Silver.

Cant wait to take it to the old Pacific Highway next week! Anyone want to join me??

Cheers

Last edited:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
hey man have you got pics....btw how much were the Eibach Sportline and what 18's have you got :thumbsup:and welcome to the forum

cougar2465

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

Sportline is about $615 + $300 installations and allignment.
Wheels : 18"/7.5/ ET 45-48 Sorry for the bad pics... my camera is about 40 yo!!!

Cheers

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 517
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 691
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 603

moomoonel

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
It doesnt look too low to me
Are you sure they are Sportline? Not the pro-kit?

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
man love the rimz how much did they set you back...dont worry your car will be lower in a few days :thumbsup:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
how much did you get for the stock wheels...and what do you think i would get if i sold them on ebay :biggrin:

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
You should avoid doing this again if you would like to keep your syncros intact. Volkswagen equipped your transmission with a 3rd gear for a reason.

Rubbish. A) the synchros can cope with it easily as long as you aren't slamming the stick around and B) if you can double clutch even half right there is bugger all stress on the synchros anyway. Sometimes it isn't appropriate to gear down through all the gears esp if you're driving quick on twisty roads, 4-2 is nothing.