GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Brake VS. .:R Brake

Golf-V-GT

Burn the lies
So i gonna get a new brake in my GT.

the rear will be from .:R32 , thats sure.
But i dont know about the front brakes, if .:R32 or another,better one.
Dont drive any races,but i want a good,solid brake and it should not be only a little better than the GTI ones.

So is the .:R brake little better , better or much better than the GTI?

vagike

r32 brakes are bigger. if you only do the rear brake upgrade, be careful of brake imbalance.

Golf-V-GT

Burn the lies
r32 brakes are bigger. if you only do the rear brake upgrade, be careful of brake imbalance.

Nono...its only sure that i will get the rear R Brake.
On front would be also R Brake or even better,but i dont know if its a big difference between the GTI ones.asked some friends here,some say yes,some no...but nearly non of them had driven both cars :/
So when i do the front brake,maybe i pay some more bucks and get a Stoptech,brembo,k-sport...or maybe some OEM will fit (Cayenne , Touareg...)
I dont want to spend 1000 Euro for a little better .:R brake , better i spent 1300 for a much better.

Its necessary for TUV here in Germany that i get bigger Brakes , R32 or upwards , so only pads is no way.

So this one will fit?

http://cgi.ebay.de/BREMBO-6-KOLBEN-PORSCHE-CAYENNE-BREMSSATTEL-330-x-32-mm-/120569524387

the mounting holes are 146mm , exactly than the MKV ones...and it will fit with 17"

White Lotus

My friends call me Chad
Car(s)
2008 Candy White R32
No offense intended at all but I'm not 100% sure what you're saying with your English but let me see if I'm hearing you correctly...

You ARE upgrading your rear brakes.
You ARE upgrading your front brakes.

You are trying to decide if the OEM .:R front brakes are good enough or if you should spend a little more for something much better.

If I'm understanding you correctly, I think the OEM .:R front brakes will be more than enough (especially with better pads). I don't want to put any words in Zevion's mouth, but if I remember correctly, he mentioned the Brembo's aren't a huge upgrade if you're only doing casual driving on the local streets. If you want bragging rights, better looks and the option to go crazy on a track some day, then you might want to consider an upgrade.

Me personally- sometimes I feel like if I weren't wearing a seatbelt I'd go straight through my front window with my OEM brakes lol

Blitzen

Professional .....
The "better pads" was probably referring to R32 brakes with better pads (Hawk or so)

Golf-V-GT

Burn the lies
No offense intended at all but I'm not 100% sure what you're saying with your English but let me see if I'm hearing you correctly...

You ARE upgrading your rear brakes.
You ARE upgrading your front brakes.

You are trying to decide if the OEM .:R front brakes are good enough or if you should spend a little more for something much better.

If I'm understanding you correctly, I think the OEM .:R front brakes will be more than enough (especially with better pads). I don't want to put any words in Zevion's mouth, but if I remember correctly, he mentioned the Brembo's aren't a huge upgrade if you're only doing casual driving on the local streets. If you want bragging rights, better looks and the option to go crazy on a track some day, then you might want to consider an upgrade.

Me personally- sometimes I feel like if I weren't wearing a seatbelt I'd go straight through my front window with my OEM brakes lol

YEAH!! thats exactly what i want , you are correct :)

So the .:R brakes all around will be enough with some other pads i think

sorry for my bad english :(

MACH GTI

Ready to race!
The R brakes will be more than enough even with upgraded pads like hps or ebc. Unless you have like 450+ whp. You dont need six pots. Save the cash for the bitches.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
the stock GTI brakes suck, dont get them.

GTI brakes don't suck. Your pads might though.

I've converted my GTI to R32 brakes all around. The big brakes with 400 lb less weight to stop will easily put you through the windshield. Your tires then become the limiting factor. The brakes are so powerful they're almost a little hard to modulate (using hp+ pads).