GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gt Tdi dump valve

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
has anyone fitted one to their GT? i love the sound of them, but have no idea where on the car the standard one resides! i've looked all around the engine, anyone know? also can anyone link me to an aftermarket direct replacement?

Hanson_44

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Black Mk5 1.9 TDI
DO NOT DO IT!!!!

Turbo Diesels work under a lot of pressure, a dump valve basically dumps all the pressure out, serves no benefit at all.

plus it would sound shite on a diesel!

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
every turbo has some sort of dump valve / wastegate, it prevents the turbo from spinning backwards when the manifold stops the turbine from going forwards (i.e take ur foot off)
i just want an upgraded one

Crimson

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GOLF
every turbo has some sort of dump valve / wastegate, it prevents the turbo from spinning backwards when the manifold stops the turbine from going forwards (i.e take ur foot off)
i just want an upgraded one

I dunno dude, but Im looking to do the same thing
I hear a lovley little waste gate dump on mine at the min - but would like it more pronounced by adding a dump valve

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
exactly. i've cut the airbox so that a more direct flow of air comes from the front feed, and at the side where no airflow is present i made a hole and this made the standard wastegate a lil bit louder. also i had to replace my sump not long ago and the engine cover at the bottom was too damaged to be put back on and this made iot louder again, but so was the engine noise :(

cal tdi

Sump Surfer
you'd be better off with an upgraded diverter valve rather then a dump V.

Found in the same place and very similar but the diverter valve retains the boosted air by dumping it in the intake, rather then loosing it like the dump valve does. Plus this way you keep the turbo spool happy and you dont sound like the local scooby driver from the estate lol

Possibly look into an EGR valve and a replacement intake system if you want a nice induction sound :thumbup:

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
do you know where on the engine i need to be looking?
thx

Caz

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT Sport
lol oh fellow gt tdi owner wanting a dump valve...lol

iv had many a conversation with many a ppl regarding fitting one and getting one.. iv been in touch with companies galore.. but apart from the general answer of NO DONT DO IT.. you actualy cant, cause they dont make them for diesels anymore...

NotNormal

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
(sold)GT 170 Diesel
you'd be better off with an upgraded diverter valve rather then a dump V.

Found in the same place and very similar but the diverter valve retains the boosted air by dumping it in the intake, rather then loosing it like the dump valve does. Plus this way you keep the turbo spool happy and you dont sound like the local scooby driver from the estate lol

Possibly look into an EGR valve and a replacement intake system if you want a nice induction sound :thumbup:

None of the 2.0 diesels come with a dump valve/diverter valve.

If you got a re-circ type dump valve they it'd not give hinm the desired "dumping" noise - atmospheric would give a better audible noise.

The re-circ valve wouldn't make that much difference as the cars aren't designed to run with one anyway.
Diesels run very small turbo's so spool quickly - no real advantage is to be had.

lol oh fellow gt tdi owner wanting a dump valve...lol

iv had many a conversation with many a ppl regarding fitting one and getting one.. iv been in touch with companies galore.. but apart from the general answer of NO DONT DO IT.. you actualy cant, cause they dont make them for diesels anymore...

Wrong ! :eyebulge:

Look here :

http://www.zen19051.zen.co.uk/prod01.htm

They can provide you with one - personaly they're not to my taste, but whatever puts a chubby in ya pants :bellyroll:

HIH

Tom

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
ouch.....£295. i bought a forge split-r for my mk4 1.8t GTI and that was only £110

NotNormal

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
(sold)GT 170 Diesel
ouch.....£295. i bought a forge split-r for my mk4 1.8t GTI and that was only £110

Thats the fitting inc VAT price.

It's not just the valve, you need the electronic's to activate + solinoid, T-pipe and connecting pipes + pipe clamps ect....

Your split-r thing was just a straight swap over NOT a fresh installation on something thats not designed to have it :thumbsup:

.....of course, you can always DIY

:laughabove:

I supose it depends on how much you want that anoying "pppttttssssshhhhh" sound hey :thumbsup:

Caz

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT Sport
None of the 2.0 diesels come with a dump valve/diverter valve.

If you got a re-circ type dump valve they it'd not give hinm the desired "dumping" noise - atmospheric would give a better audible noise.

The re-circ valve wouldn't make that much difference as the cars aren't designed to run with one anyway.
Diesels run very small turbo's so spool quickly - no real advantage is to be had.

Wrong ! :eyebulge:

Look here :

http://www.zen19051.zen.co.uk/prod01.htm

They can provide you with one - personaly they're not to my taste, but whatever puts a chubby in ya pants :bellyroll:

HIH

Tom

I was re-fering more to known companies.. ie - Forge.. :rolleyes: