GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy - Ziza High Intenity LED City Light Conversion

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion
yeah i changed the FTP lights as well.
same type of bulbs as the fogs....philips diamondvision
i bought them online though from some chinese/US website - can't remember which one....they're freakin' expensive at places like autobarn etc

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
Has anyone tried the Philips 4000k? this would seem to be a closer match to the xeons

Icarus

I pulled the trigger and decided to buy the LED bulbs from eBay. Once the bulbs have been installed I will post some pictures.

I personally like the whiteness of the standard xenon bulbs. The last car I owned, I changed the bulbs to 6000k. At first I liked the blue tinge to the light however, I do a lot of night driving and found that the 4300k original bulbs easier on the eyes when driving at night. After my last car, I would never buy a car without xenon lights.

I was thinking about replacing the standard fog lights with xenon fogs lights. I believe that Hella sell a set. In my last car I had 50 Watt xenon fogs. The lights did help light-up the lane markers in bad weather of heavy rain.

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion
yeah i had 6000k in my last car too
too blue
that's why this time i might get 5000k - as just a bit whiter than the stock.

and tooraktrash, i tried the philips ~4000k lights in my last car. i didn't like them coz they were yellowy white with a tiny bit of blue from the coating - wasn't really my thing and i think will be yellower than the xenons. but i'm not sure as i haven't compared the two - maybe they will match better than the 5000k i have. but then will not be too different from the stock bulbs in the fogs?