GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Apex ARC-8 Wheels

Are you interested in the Apex Wheel group buy?

• Total voters

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
My understanding is that this will not be a one off. Apex carry inventory or all their wheels.

It’s a case of achieving critical mass.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I will post as soon as I get confirmation from Apex.

I’m looking for similar clearance 350x34 4-pot.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Folks, we are still in a holding pattern to get this project queued up with the Apex design team.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Ok, so I’ve had a response from the Apex General Sales Manager.

Apex resources have been working on wheel design for the Gen5 Camaro and Vette C5-7 group buy. Apex is going to expand the 17” range of wheels for the BMW’s and Subaru/BRZ’s. I am told that Audi/VW fitment is going to be part of this 17” wheel design. Meaning hub centric and ET’s for our MK7 MQB platform.

Stoptech, AP Essex, Brembo and PowerBrake BBK clearance will feature in the design requirement for the VW specific wheel design.

I do not have a timeline or any other details. As I get more info, I will keep you all posted.

Morale of story is patience and persistence.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I have 18x8.5 et45 and it’s a flush fit. I don’t have experience with 9” wide wheels and fitment on Mk7’s. An ET50 would keep a 9” flush but will push the wheel closer to the strut. I haven’t seen how much clearance is available to the inside.

Edit: Cliff can you answer the offset required for 18x9 wheels.

I have to use a 10mm spacer with my set of 18x9 et48 wheels, and -0.8 degrees of rear camber to clear the fuel filler neck on the passenger side of my MK7.

How are other people making this work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk