GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

good intake?

TarmacSpecial

Terror On Two Wheels
Car(s)
2008 Volkswagen GTI
how is this for an intake http://www.namotorsports.net/detail.cfm/part_cd/NS65.10.97Heat ??

was also looking at this but i heard if you go through a puddle or something it can suck up water and jack up your engine http://www.namotorsports.net/detail.cfm/part_cd/AE21-496C

any thoughts?

Unless you are looking for sound, all the intakes are a poor investment in dollar/hp terms. The stock airbox is very well designed, and their are plenty of weakenss to address on the charge side (like the pinched, rectangular shaped pipe on the right (EDIT - I meant left side, viewing from the front side of the engine) before concerning one's self with the performance benefit of an intake.

First step is to chip/flash your ecu to stage 1. Second step is to get a downpipe and run stage 2. Then a fuel pump is next. Those are the bang for the buck engine mods. Everything else is diminishing returns, especially if you haven't done those things first.

Last edited:

Future

Ready to race!
First step is to chip/flash your ecu to stage 1. Second step is to get a downpipe and run stage 2. Then a fuel pump is next. Those are the bang for the buck engine mods. Everything else is diminishing returns, especially if you haven't done those things first.

And with all of the above, one runs the risk of voiding their warranty which is greater loss of money.

GTI911

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 White GTI
ya only thing is it's my first car and im a new driver so i want to slowly increase my hp not one day have 200 and then a day later have 265+ so I know an intake only gives out about 5-10hp but I like the sound like you said and I want to slowly increase it and get more exp with more power before I start thinking about chip and downpipe

apollosfury

designeddwk
well if it's the sound you want, the p flo does it. that's what i have and it is definatly louder. i also felt an increase in throttle response, but no noticeable increase in power.

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
those are both good intakes but i would be concerned about water with the long one. both require you to remove the engine cover. i got my carbonio from there so i could keep my engine cover one. also a good option.

Last edited:

Khobin~

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'07 GTI, '97 YZF600R
ya only thing is it's my first car and im a new driver so i want to slowly increase my hp not one day have 200 and then a day later have 265+ so I know an intake only gives out about 5-10hp but I like the sound like you said and I want to slowly increase it and get more exp with more power before I start thinking about chip and downpipe

Actuallly the K&N is rated for 18 hp...not bad for an intake... http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=69-9503TFK

not sure what it does to the torque though as the dyno sheet only shows hp :frown:

I'm thinking about going for one, but from posts I've seen here it seems you lose torque with and intake...and I like torque :biggrin:

I'm also thinking about a stage 1 chip, but everytime I try to find info on it all I find is stuff about the Stage 2 chips :iono:

Ahhh well, still waiting to do taxes, then I'll decide :biggrin:

Edrock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
the stage 1 chip is the same as a stage 2 is all aspects that you do not have to get a downpipe or do any exhaust modifications to run it

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
If you're dead set on getting an intake, I'd go with the Eurosport intake.

:word:

I love mine...also have an AEM Dryflow filter on it.

Son of a...