GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good Bookbag/Backpack?

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Fall semester is right around the corner, and I need a backpack that offers good padding, as well as a laptop sleeve + extra space. I used a Nike FSU branded one I got from Burlington when I was a senior (thought I was going to FSU), as well as a JanSport but the unpadded/no laptop sleeve one.

I was wondering if anyone here has any bags they use daily for anything, doesn't have to be college/school related. I commute so the more things I can fit within my backpack (1-2 textbooks + laptop + binders/folders/etc. helps).

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi
Fall semester is right around the corner, and I need a backpack that offers good padding, as well as a laptop sleeve + extra space. I used a Nike FSU branded one I got from Burlington when I was a senior (thought I was going to FSU), as well as a JanSport but the unpadded/no laptop sleeve one.

I was wondering if anyone here has any bags they use daily for anything, doesn't have to be college/school related. I commute so the more things I can fit within my backpack (1-2 textbooks + laptop + binders/folders/etc. helps).

I've bought 2 backpacks in like the past 10 years. Both of them have been The North Face backpacks. The first one I bought, I still use and is in good condition. I bought the second one because I wanted a laptop sleeve to carry my macbook around. It has been through so much, seriously, so much. And the only damage to it, is this tear that was my fault on one of the shoulder pads. But still very useable.

Im into going out and hiking and stuff. And this bag is perfect. Its lightweight, compact (but big enough to hold what you posted). The shoulder pads, are really damn comfortable even when you have a heavy load in your pack. And the padding for the back is endorsed by the American Chiropractic Association. I've had back surgery due to car accident, so any steps i can take to help my back feel alright, I take it. Also the mesh lining is perfect for those hot days. I swear my back is sometimes the coolest part of my body when its really hot out.

Since it is considered a daypack, and meant for the outdoors, it is also water resistant. There is another layer on the zipper of material for protection so water doesnt seep in the bag. Also, another neat feature, it has a built in whistle on the chest strap. Little thing is loud too. Also has the mid-section padding and belt loop, for that secure feeling while youre outdoors. There is also two water bottle holders. Both can hold those 1L Camelback water containers.

Whether you are going around town, class or out in the wilderness. This bag is perfect, for all of those occasions. I was at one of my favorite outdoor stores, REI not long ago and they had stellar deals on some daypacks. i was thinking on getting something new, just for the hell of it and because the prices were good. Decided against it because I had no reason to get one, because i LOVE my Hot Shot backpack by The North Face.

Whether i'mconquering the concrete jungle, kicking ass and taking names in the classroom, trekking at the grand tetons, traversing through the arid and hot region of Sheep mountain, or out for a nice hike through the appalachian trail. One thing i've always had, was my Hot Shot backpack, by The North Face.

TL;DR
BUILT FOR A ROUGH COMMUTE.
The Hot Shot is much more than a book bag. The North Face used all of its technical backcountry pack knowledge when it designed the Hot Shot. Comfortable FlexVent shoulder straps allow air through so your shoulders aren't covered in sweat when you get to class. The removable sternum strap is there when you need it, not when you don't, and mesh side pockets carry your water bottles so you can make it to class well-watered, even if class is a 15-mile hike.
Comfortable FlexVent injection-molded shoulder straps to ease the pain of heading to class
Comfortable, padded Airmesh back panel with zippered stash pocket promotes airflow to keep your back cool and your stash dry
Zippered, dedicated laptop compartment protects your machine
Padded phone pocket keeps the lines of communication safe
Bungee side water bottle pockets keep hydration close at hand
Removable sternum strap for added support

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Swiss army makes a great book bag.

Sent via smoke signals

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Get a messenger style bag. There is no need to carry your entire life to school.
Also, you will look more professional

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Get a messenger style bag. There is no need to carry your entire life to school.

Also, you will look more professional

Yeah, get one of those big purse things.

Sent from my iPhone 5s - the world's greatest smartphone - so I am clearly better than you and whatever pitiful excuse for a communications device you use.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I went to college in the early 2000s before everyone had a laptop, iPad, or smartphone. We actually had to go to libraries and computer labs for stuff.

I carried a notepad and two pens with me for four years and mostly just doodled.

Sent from my iPhone 5s - the world's greatest smartphone - so I am clearly better than you and whatever pitiful excuse for a communications device you use.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
I do have a messenger bag, but it wrecks my shoulders if I try to carry my laptop and 2 textbooks in it, not only that but it bounces off my ass if I have to run.

RAPPLE

Ready to race!
Just say no to the man-purse, they look professional but suck for heavy stuff.

I agree 100%. I've got a Dakine bag. I used it for school and then used it when I rode my GSX-R I've had it for like 6 years. Still looks good and functions well. Plus its got plaid accents :D kinda matches my GTI seats.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Settled on a JanSport City Scout 31L bag because I got a crazy good deal on it at a mall (it was $20 instead of $40). It has a laptop sleeve, and it's a good find for me right now. If I need a bigger one I'll adjust accordingly and buy one when needed.