GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good Audio shops in MD?

BoredRobot

Likes Electric Sheep
Planning some things for the new MKV. Can someone recommend some good audio installers in the Baltimore/Washington area? Should I just go to Best Buy? :iono:

I'll probably do after market Nav install or just plain audio stuff (head unit, amp etc) not sure yet.

TIA

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
I'm not sure.. but lslugz here does some audio. Maybe you can PM him.

by the way, where in DC are you? Which color GTI? :biggrin:

BoredRobot

Likes Electric Sheep
Thanks Gti Tom

I'm around U street but I don't have the GTI yet...trying to decide if I should grab one that's in transit (could have Thursday) but without the premium audio and do it myself, OR order one with the premim audio (300 watt amp added from factory) and wait almost 3 months.

It will be a lease so I kinda wanna just get it and drive, but I don't want to wait! Ack!

BoredRobot

Likes Electric Sheep
why weigh ur car down?

invest that money in performance parts!

1. The GTI is already too heavy (and mine will have 2 extra doors), I doubt the electronics will really matter.

The car I think I really want is the 06 Cooper S, but there is just something about the GTI :biggrin:

BoredRobot

Likes Electric Sheep
15th and NY here. Do you drive to work, or Metro?

Parking sucks downtown, that's why I walk! Hoepfully I'll find a decent dealer in the DC area and get my MKV as soon as I figure out the audio thing.

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
If you want, I recommend King Volkswagen in Gaithersburg. It may be a trip from DC but it's well worth the try.

There is a very narrow ( as always ) parking spot in the back where I may snag my car into... very rarely is it parked there during the day though.

lslugz

1/1 MexiCAN
You dont have to sacrifice weight to have a nice sound system. I would recommened upgrading your stock speakers buy a nice amp and install a nice eq. I plan on buying the RF 360.2 so i can keep my stock HU and steering controls.
As for the speakers try this they should fit perfect http://www.iqcaraudio.com/vw/vw_golf_V.htm or the Rainbow SLC 365.

What do you do Tom? I think you've told me before, but i'm a littl eunder the the influence and can't some up with it at the moment.

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
What do you do Tom? I think you've told me before, but i'm a littl eunder the the influence and can't some up with it at the moment.

Oh, I told you guys that I applied for best buy in rockville, md for a summer assignment. But in D.C. , i'm there occasionally to work with the family in maintaining an apartment complex we just finished renovating.

BoredRobot

Likes Electric Sheep
You dont have to sacrifice weight to have a nice sound system. I would recommened upgrading your stock speakers buy a nice amp and install a nice eq. I plan on buying the RF 360.2 so i can keep my stock HU and steering controls.
As for the speakers try this they should fit perfect http://www.iqcaraudio.com/vw/vw_golf_V.htm or the Rainbow SLC 365.

Something to think about. I'd like to retain functionality of the steering wheel controls.

Thanks