GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK5 FSI Instrument Cluster Problems

baggyboy

I have a VW Golf Mk5 1.6 fsi, 2006 plate. About 3 weeks ago, whilst driving the car, I started getting the EPC, exhaust warning light, battery light, brake warning light and airbag fault light all coming on at the same time for a few seconds. The speedo and rev counter also stopped for a few seconds and then after a few seconds, everything is back to normal and it's as though the car has reset itself (in that it says I've travelled zero miles etc). I don't lose power and doesn't affect the car's running. I decided to get the RAC out to run a diagnostic. They came back with fault code 'U0155 cat converter fault present'. However, it's since passed its MOT and whenever I hook up the diagnostics it has no faults present. Not sure if the intermittent warning lights are just too quick to register a fault. This happens completely randomly. My journey to work is approx. 10 miles and it happens about 4 or 5 times over the journey and not at any significant timings or point in the journey. I would appreciate any help if anybody has come across this before. I'm a new member so I apologise if I've not posted this correctly.