GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Go to Get My Peloquin LSD and SB Clutch Installed Only To Find....

allset

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk6 gti
So for the past several months ive been researching parts, saving money, etc all for this day which i had an appointment to get all the parts installed.

The biggie is the Peloquin LSD and SB clutch but also an AWE TOP, the "revised" Throw Out Bearing, and the sub-frame anti-clunk bolts and washers.

I prep everything last night, make sure all parts are ready, confirmed with the shop, confirmed my ride down etc. Everything is good to go.

I get to the shop, pull in and the owner goes over everything with me says ok ill keep u posted during the day and he tells me he needs the key and the wheel lock key. I say ok, its in the foam next to the spare where i awlays keep it..........except it wasnt there.

I ripped the car apart b/c he says he needs to get the tires off for the work. He looks at the lock lug and says its not oem VW, even though its the one that came with the car.(he had a few keys none of which fit).

It turns out the putz at Mavis never returned the lug key when they fixed a tire a month ago. It never crossed my mind to make sure that the lug key was in my car b/c it always is.

So the owner says let me see what i can do, ill call u. So i leave with a sick knot in my gut.

Turns out they were able to get the tranny out by dropping the entire sub frame so the clutch and LSD should be good to go. The rest IDK yet b/c they are working on it right now.

I guess ill know tomorrow morn when i pick it up.

Something so small as a lug key causing so much stress and anxiety.

NOT a cool story bro NOR a riviting tale chap.

Last edited:

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Sucks man. Glad they were able to still do most of the work and good luck with the rest

allset

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk6 gti
Yeah wanna hear on the lsd. I am hearing I will need this with bigger turbo. clutch, I assumed, but not lsd.

The LSD and clutch are in prep for K04 in the spring. I wouldnt consider going K04 without the LSD as i spin like mad now @ stage 2. Im afraid im gonna snap an axle the way it shudders.

allset

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk6 gti

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I like the planning on the LSD - if go K04, I'd do the same. Please let us know thoughts after the install :)

For the wheel lock keys - I ALWAYS try to remember that before I leave or sometime on the way home, lol, because that it is important to have.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
TyrolSport in Queens NY, LSD list is 925 but not sure on final part cost

Thats what I was afraid of. Add the clutch and labor and your into some nice pocket change. If you go stage 3+, you have rods and even more labor. Sure you guys know this. Just adding it all up,,,depressing.

allset

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk6 gti
I like the planning on the LSD - if go K04, I'd do the same. Please let us know thoughts after the install :)

For the wheel lock keys - I ALWAYS try to remember that before I leave or sometime on the way home, lol, because that it is important to have.

will do. ill do some kind of running update posting how it reponds thru the seasons.

allset

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk6 gti
Thats what I was afraid of. Add the clutch and labor and your into some nice pocket change. If you go stage 3+, you have rods and even more labor. Sure you guys know this. Just adding it all up,,,depressing.

actually all the labor was 950 total: tranny out, tranny open, LSD install, tranny close, clutch in, tranny in. i did the drop in clutch using the oem plate and wheel. the disc was 300.

wont be going stage 3+...even though i said that about k04; its just too expensive and too much power for this car imo.

BenH

Ready to race!
that lock key always puts a little anxiety on me and I believe people that steal wheels for a living know how to get around it no matter what we got.

so the OEM plate can handle the higher friction disc? for how long is the expected life?

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I always put my wheel lock key on the passenger seat when I give them my car, that way they leave it there when done.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
that lock key always puts a little anxiety on me and I believe people that steal wheels for a living know how to get around it no matter what we got.

thats true for just about anything. Same thing with having a car alarm - a true thief is still going to get your car. Save for me Lojack, if its gonna happen, its gonna happen and you may not get your shit/car back. Wheel locks can be broken if someone has the time and effort/tools to do it on the spot.