GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Giac ko4 Intake input

obdboost

Ready to race!
So is the problem the car doesn't like the intake, or it just flow to much air? I figure it just the maf placement. Shouldn't the gaic tune adapted to the intake

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Are you Volant users having to mount the MAF yourselves by drilling your own MAF mounting holes? That is likely where this issue stems from. Even though the housing holds the sensor in place, the tightening of the screws can reposition the sensor slightly at a different angle. Just the slightest misalignment of the sensor can disturb the laminar flow around the maf. What are your intake mass air readings? I would bet that if you took a better MAF mount section off of another intake, left a section of straight pipe pre maf and then mounted the Volant to the pre-maf pipe, similar to the other intake pic'd earlier, you would see a much better result. The laminar flow with no disturbance or vortex is critical though.

If this were me...I would be working with Volant on the issue. Prove to them the differing readings of theirs and the stock box. If one of you can tweak the maf angle and find a sweet spot to correct it...that would really help your case. They may have some other remedies to try ;)

obdboost

Ready to race!
The volant intake doesn't comes with pre drill holes. You just screw the sensor in ur self, maybe ur right with the placement thing. Ill have to play with the sensor placement and take reading.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
That is the only thing I can see where Volant went wrong. Mistakes in manufacturing happen, but the angle placement of the MAF is one thing they should've done under strict guidelines themselves.