GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Get them while they are HOT! 0% financing on all 2008s!

Holmern

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Bah.. pulled my credit report today.. Was a bit below 700 but only derogatory things on the report was that I didnt have enough revolving credit lines.. So.. in order to get better credit I gotta get more credit cards.. go figure :mad0259:

Guess I gotta wait another month or so before I buy.. Anyone know if the 0-2.9% 60 month will be offered in July?

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
Bah.. pulled my credit report today.. Was a bit below 700 but only derogatory things on the report was that I didnt have enough revolving credit lines.. So.. in order to get better credit I gotta get more credit cards.. go figure :mad0259:

Guess I gotta wait another month or so before I buy.. Anyone know if the 0-2.9% 60 month will be offered in July?

The cars aren't getting any newer so I would say that promotion will last until the 2008's are gone.

Also, your credit score is lower because you probably have a balance on your current lines of credit but your limit is low which makes it look as if you're using a large percentage of your available credit. It's ridiculous really. I have a $21K limit on my CC. If I put $10K on it tomorrow, it would look like I am using less than 50% of my LOC... if I had a $1K limit and put $900 on it, I would be using 90% which looks much worse. It's BS either way you look at it.

apexpredator

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2010 Carbon Gray GTI
The score isn't everything. Generally speaking though, if your a 690 and above you should be able to get A tier. I've seen some 730's get B tier only because they have a low Debt to Income ratio or they have been slow pay on a previous auto loan.

Holmern

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Went in to the VW dealership today to see if they would get me financing. Have a credit score close to 700, but they declined. The reason wasnt that I had bad credit.. just didnt have long enough credit history..

Guess I will just have to wait... sucks not being american right now! :mad:

TZSGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Honda Civic Type R
The score isn't everything. Generally speaking though, if your a 690 and above you should be able to get A tier. I've seen some 730's get B tier only because they have a low Debt to Income ratio or they have been slow pay on a previous auto loan.
'

What do you mean by "slow pay"?

GTinspired

GTinspired
Car(s)
VW GTI
Yesssm

I just spoke to a dealer today and they said that 0% has been extended to 60 months. Could that be true! If it is, i'm buying mine today!

I just bought my GTI with 0% and they offered 60 months! I don't want to pay off a car over 5 years though. I did 48.

GO ROMANIA!
F THE FRENCH AND THE AZZURRI!

HokieGTI

VWsalesguyVA,

I am looking for a Candy White, 4 Door, 6 speed, GTI, autobahn package, 18" huffs, and the ground effects kit. Do you know of any in VA that you can get your hands on. I just graduated from Tech and its time to get rid of the Jeep.

Let me know if you run across anything even close to that.
Its gotta be manual and 4 doors though.

Thanks,
Fellow VAguy

PM me if you do.

Last edited:

wsjones

hokieGTI thats funny, I go to Tech, drive a grand, and am trying to get rid of it for a cw 4dr with autobahn and votex kit. Only I want the DSG. Good luck with the search, I know I'm looking a lot harder now with the low financing

AlphAZender

Drag Race Newbie
There are two I can get for you but neither has the Votex kit, one has the Ipod adapter

This is probably a dumb question but do most dealers stock the votex kit for a 4 door gti? And if they do not can they order it easily? None of the oem vendors online seem to have it in stock.

I to would like an 08 four door with votex at the 0% interest but am having a heck of a time finding one.

WearStrideRights

Failed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
08 GTI/4DR/DSG
This is probably a dumb question but do most dealers stock the votex kit for a 4 door gti? And if they do not can they order it easily? None of the oem vendors online seem to have it in stock.

I to would like an 08 four door with votex at the 0% interest but am having a heck of a time finding one.

There's a guy on the Vortex that is a parts guy that can ship the kit to you separately. I don't kno what sticker is, but evidently he's basically selling it a bit above his cost, and I think it's cheaper than if it came installed.

You could pay a body shop a small bit to have it installed or even just DIY, I doubt it's hard but one of the guys here would be able to tell you better.

Check out this thread: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3751857

Bud@CheckeredFlag is pretty well regarded over there.

Hamann

Banned
The cars aren't getting any newer so I would say that promotion will last until the 2008's are gone.

Also, your credit score is lower because you probably have a balance on your current lines of credit but your limit is low which makes it look as if you're using a large percentage of your available credit. It's ridiculous really. I have a $21K limit on my CC. If I put $10K on it tomorrow, it would look like I am using less than 50% of my LOC... if I had a $1K limit and put $900 on it, I would be using 90% which looks much worse. It's BS either way you look at it.

not really BS...it shows discipline. If a guy only has a $900 credit card, he probably doesn't have very good credit, or doesn't make enough money for a bigger line. But, if he runs out and maxes it out...it shows possible irresponsible behavior. On the other hand, if you have a $21k cc, with a $10k balance, but can control your spending (11k to spend is tempting for people)..it shows responsible behavior. It always depends on the percentage.

Actually makes a lot of sense if you think about it...since credit scores are designed not only to show past habits, but moreso, to predict your future spending habits.