GOLFMKV

Get the most $$$ out of your stock downpipe

Bryan06GTI

On my best behavior
Car(s)
06 GTI
www.sellyourcatsdirect.com

Here is the number i used 717-444-010 i spoke with a lady named Julie

So yea i traded in the GTI a few days ago and i had a few parts left over and my Stock Downpipe was one of them. i did a quick search to try to find out how much i could squeeze out of this at a scarp yard and i came across this website www.sellyourcatsdirect.com i called to see if they could give me an estimate if i know what make and model year the car it came off of. She had told me they do price quote Via text message. All i had to do was take pictures of the cats and send them Via text. So i took 2 pics One of the "Pre Cat" ( the one right after the bolt on part) and another picture of the main cat and i got a text back a few hours later $40 for the Pre cat and $90 for the main Cat!

$130 for junk i wasnt going to let go for 50-60 bucks picked up. TO top it off the will Email you a shipping label for free shipping!!! I know times are tough and i wanted to share this with my Fellow dubbers.

***UPDATE*** 4/16/12 I GOT PAID! Bust out you stock DPs and start hacking away!! :happyanim:

Last edited:

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Damn $130 for a stock dp ?! You sir have made my night cuz now i can buy a new dp an know ill make at least $100 back. Nice find

Bryan06GTI

On my best behavior
Car(s)
06 GTI
i haven't even sent it out yet haha.. i had to go buy a hack saw to cut out the Pre cat and Cat. i will call again tomorrow and find out the usual turn around from received to getting paid.

20vTa4

yeah let us know what happens, according to their site, I have $400 worth of converters sitting around. I'm a little skeptical.

Fullnelson

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG
Seeing this makes me wish I had kept my stock DP around for a little longer..:frown:

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
I'd want to see cash pending to my paypal account or something before I sent them out. Sounds a tad fishy, but I'm in for results.

Bryan06GTI

On my best behavior
Car(s)
06 GTI
750 Enterprise Way Lancaster, PA 17601 US

"sellyourcatsdirect.com" is the on line purchasing division of S.C.R.A.P. Inc.

Anyone live near here?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Free shipping? Not quite. You'll get $5 credit per cat so if it costs $20 to ship they deduct $10 from what they pay you. I would box and take it to a UPS shipping place and let them weigh and measure it. Call SCRAP and ask how much it will cost them. Charges depend on distance too. And let us know if they gig you for content or condition after they inspect them. Think about the places in the news where you mail in old gold jewelry and get screwed.

But it does seem like they really exist, or else it's an elaborate scam.

Last edited:

Bryan06GTI

On my best behavior
Car(s)
06 GTI
Ok i just called and spoke with some lady Juile. She says they part of SCRAP. INC and they also have another website called www.888gotscrap.com. that also scrap cars and other stuff.

As for what FED said i didnt even have to ask her about that and she told me that when they first started that was one of the conditions for the $5 Credit but they have been shipping from all over the nation and they have an account with UPS and they no longer do the 5 dollar credit. they just pay for the whole thing.

I am going to hack up my old DP now and ill be the test subject for this. if i get screwed i get screwed, but i have lugged this thing to two different homes already so i am done looking at it.

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Word let us know man if anything you lose a stock dp no big loss

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Sounds like a good deal. Just curious if they pay you the max allowance. Dam, you can almost buy a catless DP for what they pay you.