GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

gearbox problem?

Jasam

Passed Driver's Ed
I need help diagnose problem. I have helix clutch kit and helix single mass flywheel, car have 50.000 miles/80.000km. engine is 2.0 tfsi k04, revo stage3

When I lift off throttle, I hear harsh sound from gearbox.. but when car idling, and I press clutch, no change in sound. So I dont think its relase bearing. Sound from video is recorded very close to gearbox, so all noises are very loud :)

all opinions are welcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVhghbwZn-s

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
Engine/transmission mounts, dogbone mount, subframe?

Does it do it in all gears?

If you're just letting off the throttle, with no clutch, the clutch plate should remain clamped to the flywheel with little to no movement.

BTW, nothing sounds too off about your video to me. I only hear tranny noise while you're on the gas actually, and in the lower gears.

Which DV is that? It sounds like my dv+.

Jasam

Passed Driver's Ed
Solved. Its just noisy SMF. I take gearbox off, all was fine , But clutch was worn, change that and all fine now. But also very loud.

Didnt have dv.. long story, prevoius owner blocked it. so it surged. Now its solved that also.

sammiewoo

Car(s)
mk 4 gti tdi
hope you guys dont mind me posting (cant make a new thread) but also have a gearbox problem :( drive to france in 18 days ahhhhh! gears are not going in properly mostly 1st and 2nd and sometimes makes a grinding noise, had the clutch bled and worked temporarily with no issue (2 weeks) now its not going into gear properly again and has is very clunky, booked a mechanic to come and look but advise would be welcome :) have put a pic up to further give info on type of golf as i am a bit clueless cheers sam