GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Funny Audi Comic RE: Avant models, etc. (Troy, click here)

Merkle

Banned
$21k JSW > $29k JGC

Both slow and de-contented as shit, both have the same amounts of space, JSW is way better on gas.

$55k A6 3.0T > $63k SRT Jeep

Both pretty fast for big cars, both have a lot of content, A6 is way better on gas.

Where are these SUV's that are cheaper than comparable wagons?

Valid point, I haven't really priced out SUV's. The real problem is perception, here in the U.S. you have this:

Equals:

Where as...

Equals:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
$21k JSW > $29k JGC

Both slow and de-contented as shit, both have the same amounts of space, JSW is way better on gas.

$55k A6 3.0T > $63k SRT Jeep

Both pretty fast for big cars, both have a lot of content, A6 is way better on gas.

Where are these SUV's that are cheaper than comparable wagons?
Why would you compare the srt with the 3.0t you can get the smaller v8 with out the baller features for at least 10k less.and this way you get the adjustable suspension etc. But we really took this whole Apples to oranges thing to far

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Q5 now comes with the 3.0T (well, S), btw.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
I didn't know Americans were buying luxury SUV's for towing and off-roading, the ones I see are used for going to the dentist and the mall.

Kind of like buying an M3 to NOT track it, fucking waste of money.

Plain old A6 Avant with the 3.0T would run with the SRT Jeep if we could buy it and for similar price if not slightly less. Most likely slightly slower in a straight line and WAY WAY WAY faster in anything involving turning and/or braking. SRT Jeep also has shit for towing and off-road capability AFAIK...

You're still comparing a Jeep to an Audi, of course the Audi costs more. You might as well bitch that the Mustang is as fast as an M3 for half the price too. M3 is overpriced and doesn't make sense!

If you want apples to apples look at A4/A6 Avant vs Q5/Q7.

Current gen Q5 tows 4400 lbs, A6 Avant 5500 lbs, Q7 6600 lbs. A6 blows both trucks away in handling.

You're still ignoring the fact that luxury SUV's in this country are NEVER used offroad and rarely tow anything at all. The only thing they offer is cargo space - which you get just as much of in a wagon.

i am a little late to the game here and am only saying this because i watched a video on it a few years ago, but ive seen ON TV OF COURSE, people buying brand new range rovers and taking them off roading. isnt that considered a luxury SUV that cost like almost 100k or something ridiculous?:iono:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
i am a little late to the game here and am only saying this because i watched a video on it a few years ago, but ive seen ON TV OF COURSE, people buying brand new range rovers and taking them off roading. isnt that considered a luxury SUV that cost like almost 100k or something ridiculous?:iono:

You been watching top gear again :paddle:

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
You been watching top gear again :paddle:

it could have been? all i remember were these guys buying these brand new range/land rovers and putting after market suspension on them and then durbin the hell out of them. they blew out diffs, tires, over heated the motors, it was a pretty awesome video/show/ whatever.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
it could have been? all i remember were these guys buying these brand new range/land rovers and putting after market suspension on them and then durbin the hell out of them. they blew out diffs, tires, over heated the motors, it was a pretty awesome video/show/ whatever.

wut? Links please...

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
wut? Links please...

shit it would take me a while to look for that. it was right before the remodel of the range rover. when it still had a little bit of the boxy look but not the super rounded corners it has now. ill try and look give me some time.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Most SUV owners though don't even do shit with there SUV other than go off-roading of off street curbs:roll eyes:

Most that drive them are soccer moms because they feel "safe in them"

Especially when some cant even drive in snow or stuck, i pass them on my gti pretty easily. I know couple people at my work couldnt come because of snow and they both drive crv or an escape, and i came work with my gti no problem. I would really like to see a 16 year old rich girl driving a range rover in snow :laugh: i would pay to see that

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
ok i looked through 6 pages and they all started to become the same thing. i couldn't find the exact link, but what they were doing is something very similar to this.

http://www.luxurycarsnewengland.com...d-enthusiasts-with-guided-western-excursions/

I get that they are capable, but why not just get a 30k wrangler for this kind of shit... and a 50k Grand Cherokee, and have the best of both worlds and not have to deal with replacing a $3000 wheel plus tire combo after rolling over a pebble.

But hey... I get it... it doesn't have the same Nonfatskimlatte status.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
I get that they are capable, but why not just get a 30k wrangler for this kind of shit... and a 50k Grand Cherokee, and have the best of both worlds and not have to deal with replacing a $3000 wheel plus tire combo after rolling over a pebble.

But hey... I get it... it doesn't have the same Nonfatskimlatte status.

i couldn't agree with you more.

#becauserichmotherfuckersandwantluxurywhileoffroading?

if it was up to me i would just get myself a 1500 and raise it a few inches and use that. but hey, if you have the $$ to blow on a range rover and go offroading and have NFG if you mess it up, then go for it.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Those people are enthusiasts, nobody cares about them. They're the same people that buy fast wagons, manual transmissions, lightweight editions, and other stupid wastes of money. I was thinking about actual use of SUV's by most people who buy them in this country... driving on smooth roads to the mall and back. In that capacity wagons would be better for everyone who doesn't go off-roading or tow huge boats and shit, which is to say 99% of people.

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
Those people are enthusiasts, nobody cares about them. They're the same people that buy fast wagons, manual transmissions, lightweight editions, and other stupid wastes of money. I was thinking about actual use of SUV's by most people who buy them in this country... driving on smooth roads to the mall and back. In that capacity wagons would be better for everyone who doesn't go off-roading or tow huge boats and shit, which is to say 99% of people.

I can get behind this. Gas saved, space saved, materials saved. Less potential weight for some housewife to throw around blindly switching lanes without looking. It would be nice if everyone had to really justify the reasons which they bought their car, but that will never happen.

Men in this country have some kind of stigma about driving wagons. It is not so in Europe. America has this thing with size. We buy big, assertive vehicles in which to be big and assert ourselves. We will run out of space at some point.