GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel filter removal help

qcbtbx

smu.:Rf
Car(s)
.:R32
So, i attempted to replace my fuel filter today...epic fail! I could not get the clips off. I followed this diy: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90764

The clips in this diy seem to protrude out more than mine do. I pressed and pressed and still could not get the filter out or get the clips to budge. Anyone else tried replacing theirs? Anything different on the .:R? I will try again tomorrow...just looking for some advice/reassurance. Thanks! :thumbsup:

sent from my thunderbolt

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
I found it easiest to position yourself to be able to pinch the clips with one hand, and use a large flat head screw driver to pry them off a bit. It take some maneuvering, and my fingers hurt from the clips, but I have done it 3 times, and its pretty easy now.

Give it another whirl.

qcbtbx

Car(s)
I found it easiest to position yourself to be able to pinch the clips with one hand, and use a large flat head screw driver to pry them off a bit. It take some maneuvering, and my fingers hurt from the clips, but I have done it 3 times, and its pretty easy now.

Give it another whirl.

Thanks will do! Were the clips black like the rest of the connector?

sent from my thunderbolt

Voyles2

Twisty champ
Car(s)
R
I use a set of angled vise grips and lightly squeeze.

qcbtbx

Car(s)
uploadfromtaptalk1355268298571.jpg
As you can see I have trying to get the clips to budge and no success. When you push them in is there a click or something. What am I looking for after pushing them in far enough?

sent from my thunderbolt

qcbtbx

Car(s)
Once you push the tabs in, pull the line back. It may be helpful to push the lines in towards the filter while you push the tabs in

I got the "hardest" one off! Now the two shown in the pic

sent from my thunderbolt

kgw

NotAThing
Car(s)
2006 A3 3.2 quattro
Pain in the freakin' a**. . . I almost destroyed the line ends getting mine off! Even with the "special" tool! :thumbdown: